Sunday 14 September 2014

A Few Autumn Beauty Picks



So my break from blogging was somehow unintentionally extended, but lets just pretend I never left shall we...
As much as I loved summer, I found myself starting to ache for those darker autumnal hues and the opportunity to whack out Rebel or Diva (MAC fiends will relate). So when september finally made an appearance, I got a little too excited about the fact that my staples would soon do a complete 180.



Dove Summer Glow Tinted Moisturiser:
As that tan you worked so hard for starts to fade... or in my case already has, this beauty gives back what nature no longer can. If you find fake tanning products to a tad too daunting then a tinted moisturiser will ease you into the idea without going from ghost to wotsit over night. You can also layer this product if you feel the end result is a little too pale on first attempt, allowing for more control over the desired shade.

Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter:
The drop in temperature brings about pesky unwanted dry patches, and this simply does the job at keeping them at bay.  Although the strong scent can be a tad pungent and somewhat off putting if your not into the artificial lemon scent; the thicker tackier texture allows for the product to stay on the skin longer and tackle those tougher spots.

Lush Lip Scrub in Mint Julips:
I cant live without this stuff period, but the colder months make chapped lips a constant battle so this is especially essential in autumn/winter. It also contains natural peppermint and jojoba oil to add moisture back into them whilst exfoliating for a smoother finish, making lip product application an easier task.

Salon Chic Moroccan Argan Oil:
I don't normally use many products on my hair bar the usual de-tangler and hair protectant, but I find that particularly in autumn/winter, my hair craves that added boost of nourishment. This oil revives the ends that can get easily damaged and dryer in colder weather, and generally just takes away that horrible straw like texture. 

Bourjois Bronzing Primer:
This has cropped up in previous posts so i'll keep the explanation short and sweet. As with the tinted moisturiser, this will help add that summer glow back into the face; being sure to concentrate it at the temples, hollows of the cheek and the jaw line in a '3' motion. Also with it being a cream formula, the finish will be a lot more natural and blend more seamlessly into the skin. 

MAC Blush in 'Pinch Me':
I'm not much of an avid blush user, but this rustic plum shade warms up the face just enough to give a natural flush. The pigmentation however can be quite intense so be sure to keep a light hand during application. 

Essie Nail Polish in 'Berry Naughty':
This is always the first colour I turn to once the weather gets chillier. The vamped ox blood red simply screams autumn, and as ever the Essie formula is opaque with 2 easy coats. I can't complain and I have no doubt this will be a popular choice throughout the next couple of months.  

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the blogging world ^_^
    Gah I adore the Bourjois Bronzing primer, I have olive/medium skintone and it works beautifully as a very light and natural contour/warming up of the face - defo a must have for this season and the year!
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe x

    ReplyDelete