Saturday 10 August 2013

REVIEW: Bourjois Colour Burst Lip Crayons








 Le swatches:- 

Left- Peach on the beach 
Middle- Orange punch 
Right- Red sunrise 



Ever since the release of the Clinique chubby sticks there has been a sudden craze in lip crayons; with just about every drugstore brand creating there own version, so it was not surprising when Bourjois decided to launch their take on them. 

During my America travels I have been testing these beauties out on their wear, pigmentation and just all round comfort in the scorching heat. 

Swatching them in the store, they came across quite highly pigmented for a lip crayon which was of course a good sign and the fact that they had a supposed 10 hour wear and SPF certainly did not put me off. So of course, being a lip junkie, I had to buy more than one shade.. More like 3, but I certainly did not regret it. 


Good stuff :- 
The formula is smooth and almost buttery which is good for easy application and does not highlight dry lips (which some of the more dry formulas can do) 

After applying to the lips, it has an initial gloss finish but turns into quite a matte finish which does help it to stay on the lips but at the same time is still moisturising.

It wears of the lips beautifully and the colour just gradually fades leaving no colour patches that would cling onto the dry parts. I found this quite surprising considering the matte finish it leaves. 

The bad stuff :- 
The wear time certainly isn't 10 hours which I wasn't really surprised about but it does last for a good couple of hours with max pigmentation before having to re-apply.
 (So I guess it's kind of a good point..)

The colour range isn't great with just 4 shades being launched but Im pretty sure that if they do well then more colours would get released.

The orang-ey shade 'Orange Punch' kind of dissappointed me as it swatched so beautifully in store with quite a lot of pigmentation but just does not transfer on the lips, leaving just a tint of the gorgeous colour. However the rest of the shades are very highly pigmented and transfer well on the lips which just makes me even more glum about this one.

Price :-
£7.99 at Boots

Conclusion :- 
I have to say, I was quite impressed with these lip products! I didn't read any reviews on them before trying them out so I didn't really have an expectation apart from the fab swatches in store but I would recommend them to anyone, no matter what your lip condition as they do give off a good colour payment but at the same time keep those lips moisturised.


Love 



No comments:

Post a Comment