Wednesday 28 August 2013

BACK TO SCHOOL: Make Up Bag







So College is not so surprisingly around the corner. **Sigh** and to make matters worse, I have to start applying for universities and write my personal statement which by the way is a mammoth of a task. One of which I don't want to even think about at this moment in time. Anyway, I always like to be prepared when it comes to college, some may say a bit too prepared but you can never have to many emergency products with you. 


The make up bag, I purchased whilst in the US from Juicy Couture in a hopes that the luminous colour will some how brighten my gloomy days. 

FACE:- 
I have combination to oily skin just like most teenagers and the greasy look certainly does not look attractive so it is always useful to have a matte-ifying powder at hand. I use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder which I have sworn by since my first days of beauty and have never looked back. Next to it, I also carry the Real Techniques Kabuki Brush for application. I also advise having a concealer to keep those blemishes hidden, I suggest the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer which provides amazing coverage at a budget price. 

EYES:- 
I sport a more defined eye on most days so having products that help with the up keep are again very useful. I don't always have a mascara but I do most definitely carry eyeliner. On the image I have Rimmel Expression Kajal black liner which I do NOT suggest. My under eyes don't tend to smudge but with this product, I quickly find myself sporting the panda eye look within the space of a few hours.. not attractive. For mascara, I have the Rimmel Super Lash which is a great budget mascara at around £5 that gives definition and curl due to the curved wand. The formula is quite dry which I find gets a better grip on the lashes. 

LIPS:-
If you haven't figured out the obvious already, I'm a huge lip junky. I'm telling you, within the space of a week you will find around 10 lip products hidden in the crooks of my bag. However, when planning my make up, I tend to start of with the obvious lip balm, a nude, a bold/red lip, a pink and a gloss... a girls got to have options. For the balm I've got to go for the adored EOS Lip balm as it gives a good coat of moisture and the packaging is just adorable. For nude I have been loving the L'oreal Colour Riche Balm in 'Tender Mauve' which is sort of a 'my lips but better' shade which gives good hydration. For the bold lip option, I have recently been leaning towards the Bourjois Colour Boost Crayon in 'Red Sunrise' which gives an opaque wash of colour but still remains moisturising on the lips. For the pink shade, I chose the MAC's lipstick in 'Chatterbox' which is a muted blue toned pink. It is however an amplified formula so make sure to layer a lip balm as a base. Last but not least the gloss I have chosen is my new NYX gloss in 'beige' which is by no means a beige shade but it gives a lovely sheer wash of pink to the lips.

ESSENTIALS:-
So you've got to have those bits and bobs that practically get you through crisis situations or just to maintain the upkeep of your all round hygiene which would be the oh so cutely covered hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works called 'island nectar' and it smells delicious! I don't always fancy caking on powder over the top of my make up so Blotting sheets always come in handy for when your T zone is looking a bit oily, these are just the Shine Control Tissues from Superdrug. Next would be the Jergens Ultra Healing Hand Cream as the winter months are not too kind on our delicate hands can get a bit on the dry side. The small white tube is just an Eylure eyelash glue in case my lashes want to do a runner. This won't be essential for everyone but as I have none existent eyelashes, fake ones are a must. Finally, the last essential would have to be the good old trusty hair tie. This particular one is like an elastic ribbon which avoids hair creasing and reduces the breaking of hair. I found these at H&M and they stock a variety of colours and prints at around £2.99.

Comment below some of your essentials for back to school!


2 comments: