Sunday 25 August 2013

BARGAIN BEAUTIES: Wet and Wild Eyeshadows




Wet and Wild Trio in 'I'm Getting Sunburned' 
Another US product that is not available in UK drugstores. I know... please don't throw rocks at me. But it was too perfect not to pass up the opportunity of a 'Bargain Beauties' post. Finding wonders at budget prices has always given me a bit of a kick and I jump at the chance when a blogger recommends a budget beauty buy. These particular beauties have been on my Wish list for quite some time; usually it is the horrendous purse denting price that helps products remain on there but in this scenario it was the fact that I wasn't actually able to get my fingertips on this blogger favourite. 

So when I finally entered a CVS and Walgreens I was overwhelmed with choice when it came to the seemingly endless amount of trios and 8 shadow palettes. After much mental debate, I finally settled on the classic, most talked about picks: 'Walking on Eggshells', 'I'm Getting Sunburned' and 'Comfort Zone'. I was particularly eager to test out the much loved 'Walking on Eggshells' trio as I tend to sport the slight smokey neutral eye just about everyday just deepen that crease. I was also interested to see how this would fair to my other neutral palettes such as The Urban Decay's Naked basics in terms of quality and pigmentation, although I already had quite high expectations due to the hype. 

It is worth all the craze. The quality of the formula is soft and finely milled; the pigmentation on these are incredible, even with the more flesh toned shades which I was pleasantly surprised about. The colour can be easily blended and with a base or primer, they can last all day on the lids. Although there is a bit of fall down, that is but a small price to pay for the exceptional quality compared to the price of these shadows. Also, I just had to add in that the Gold shimmer shade on the 'Im getting Sunburned' trio (swatched in picture above) could easily be a dupe for Urban Decay shadow 'Half Baked' in the Naked palette (which is a shade I adore!) 

Comment if you have tried these shadows out and your thoughts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment