Thursday 29 August 2013

MONTHLY FAVOURITES: August



LEFT- Milani Blush in 'Luminoso' | RIGHT- L'oreal Lumi Magique Highlighter pen 



The monthly favourites spree of posts is in full swing and I thought it was about time that I shared my own. I did do a mid monthly favourites for this month but I have discovered so many new products that this post would have been about 10 pages long if I didn't split it up. But without further a do, I'm just going to go ahead and start the rambles on my recent favourites.




BEAUTY FAVOURITES:- 
A few of these have popped up on a post of their own and if you have taken a look then you will know that I am certainly in love with them. First of we have the EOS Lip Balms which have made an appearance on numerous occasions so I won't say too much other than these have now become my holy grail hydrating lip product. Secondly, we have the Milani Baked Blush in 'Luminoso' which has also featured on my blog before. It gives a natural flushed sheen on the cheeks without the need for a highlight afterward. Next up is the L'oréal Lumi Magique Highlighter Pen which have been using as an under eye highlight to mask the look of a sleepless night. It has a peach undertone which helps to hide the dark under eye circles to give a fresh faced look. Lastly, there is the Palmers Cocoa Butter Moisturiser which is fragrance free. I have quite sensitive skin so when it comes to strongly fragranced products my skin tends to become quite irritated and flared up. I know the original version smells absolutely divine as my mum uses it so if you have normal skin then be sure to try that formula out but this moisturiser, in general just does the job. It is more of a thicker consistency so takes some time to rub into the skin but it works wonders once you do.

FASHION FAVOURITES:-
At the moment, I can't get enough of Jersey cropped tops and A line/circle skirts. Whether they are paired together or as separate outfits, I just feel as though these items are a staple in a girl's wardrobe as they are versatile and easy to style with various pieces. Over this recent month I have accumulated various colours and cuts and have been wearing them constantly during my holiday and throughout the warmer months. I also think that the A line skirts are perfect as a back to school staple piece as it is casual and comfortable but still adds a quite girly feel to your look.

RANDOM FAVOURITES:- 
I have quite long, fine hair as you can see in the outfit picture above so it does get tangled very easily. Ive certainly seen the hype on the Tangle teasers and thought I would fit the category of purchasing one. Boy oh boy has it changed my way of brushing hair. It seems to just glide effortlessly along my mane and smooth down the unwanted knots with minimal tugging. If you have quite thick or long hair then I highly recommend these.. or if you're just too lazy to brush your hair then you can purchase one also. All I'm saying is everyone should own one! Next up are contact lenses. I know, its kind of strange But I've never been a fan of wearing glasses so even when I needed to, I didn't. Contacts were definitely life changing. The once blurry world had now become crystal clear. Lastly, there is Yo Yo's Strawberry fruit rolls. Mmm, these are some of the tastiest healthy snacks I have come across. If you ever in your childhood.. or still now have tried fruit flakes then these are exact same but in roll form.  They are 100% natural with only fruits and slight veg for colouring but no sugar, preservatives or any of the other nasties. They are just lovely, body loving goodness.

So there it is, my picks of the month. What are some of your favourites that have stood out this August?

No comments:

Post a Comment