Saturday 7 September 2013

Seche Vite VS Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat (DUPE)




Nail polish will forever hold a special place in my dear heart.It is of course, what introduced me to the wondrous world that is beauty . Seche Vite was a product that I would continuously contemplate on purchasing, being a tad on the pricey side for a clear top coat. However, pondering on the FeelUnique summer sales, the offer of £8 caught my attention and so I quickly snatched it up. Deciding that it was something that I would eventually want to try and cave on anyway. 
Seeing as though my previous 'Beauty battle off' post had proven quite popular I thought you all would find this equally as useful. 

Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat is a product that I have been using for the longest time and has never really failed to let me down. At £6.49 (Boots) it gave me a glossy gel shine and evidently prolonged the life of my nail polish, which ultimately fulfils the potential of a standardly good top coat. It also, has yet to have gone gloopie on me after months of use which I am thoroughly impressed at. 
This being said, curiosity definitely got the better of me, and having a product to compare to made it easier to review the performance of the much hyped about Seche Vite. 

Even before purchasing Seche Vite, I had extremely high expectations (a pedestal if you will) on how well it would perform. The countless blogposts and videos made it even harder for me to resist the purchase. 
So I tested it on a french manicure, knowing it would be easy to spot cracks and chips due to high maintenance of the white tips. It did certainly dry quickly, I would have to say more so than Revlon, so at first glance, I was impressed. In terms of finish, I was definitely expecting a salon shine from reviews, but found it to be much the same as Revlon. However, stepping into a bright light, you can definitely see the difference. The finish is stunning and suddenly I found the few extra pounds totally worth it. 

Then came the longevity, again, I found the length of time to be around the same as Revlon. Lasting about a week until it started to chip at the corners. 

I am in no way saying that Seche Vite is a bad product because it is still a wondrous top coat but I have essentially found a dupe for it. Also, the fact that it is around £9 and unable to purchase in stores doesn't really make it a first choice for me. 

Although the finish is a little more professional with Seche Vite, I think I will definitely be repurchasing Revlon Quick Dry top Coat down to the fact that it is cheaper, easily accessible and in terms of quality of product, I find them to perform in the same way, so you aren't really compromising on the standard.

I would love to hear your thoughts or some of your favourite top and base coats! 


7 comments:

  1. Might have to this Revlon top coat then! sounds good!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like Seche Vite because it dries super quick! I can't fault it :)

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it is definitely an amazing top coat :)

      Delete
  3. I want the seche vite need a good top coat.

    Lovely blog hunny new followers

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is amazing!

      aww thank you so much! I really appreciate every new follower i get :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love your blog! The layout and everything is just gorgeous! I need to try this revlon top coat - forever waiting for my nails to dry -.-

    http://www.daenabe.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete