Wednesday 4 September 2013

The 'Go To' Nude




LEFT- MAC 'Shy girl' | MIDDLE - L'oréal Colour riche balm in 'tender mauve' | RIGHT- The 2 layered on top 

Although a shocking bold lip will always be a favourite for me, recently I have done a complete180 and become a lover of a simple nude lip. I think the reason being is that I have been drawn
 toward the more dramatic eye look so it is only natural to pair it with a more nude shade lip so as to not
 overwhelm the face. It was always a slight challenge finding a nice nude shade as I didn't want to seem 
washed out or even worse... ill in any way so I was fairly cautious when it came to the concealer-like nude 
shades. 


I absolutely adore MAC's 'Shy Girl' for the actual colour but I do find that with creme sheen
 formulas in general, they tend to settle between the lines of my lips and can sometimes come across as 
slightly cake-y if over applied, especially with this peachy nude tone. After a slight dabble and
 experimenting, I found that the formula did not crease and applied well if it had more of a moisturising 
base beneath it. I also wanted a shade that would not only complement 'shy girl' but maybe tone down the 
peach undertones for a more subtle look. L'oréal Colour riche balm in 'Tender Mauve' seemed to fit that 
category perfectly. As it is a balm, it is obviously a very moisturising product and would not be too 
highly pigmented as to mask the colour 'Shy Girl' and it most definitely muted out some of the peach tones.
 I also found that with the glossy finish that the balm provides, once you add the MAC layer then that to
 becomes gloss like and similar to that of a liquid lipstick. 

Lastly, I also feel that I got into this look at the perfect time, with me starting college today, it seemed like 
nice, put together but natural look for school/college days. 

What are your favourite nude lips this fall and winter? 






4 comments:

  1. Shy Girl is a really nice nude i really like it! Great post! x

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always hunting to find the perfect nude combo, it's pretty hard because my lips are so pigmented and apparently the true nudes are meant to be like a shade lighter than your natural lip which although isn't a nude for me does look pretty D: haha love your combo! ^_^
    The Blushing Giraffe | A New UK Beauty Blog
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nude definitely doesn't have to be a beige or concealer shade , it literally just is the shade or one shade up from your natural lip
      colour so just stick to what you wear now, I'm sure it looks gorgeous! xxx

      Delete