Tuesday 3 September 2013

THE BALM Mary-Lou Manizer Hightlighter






This has been lingering on my wish list for the longest time. I was planning on purchasing it during my trip to the US but not so surprisingly I blew my budget not even half way through the vacation so that idea was a no go. However, I'm glad that I waited as scrolling through the Feel Unique website after hearing of a summer sale I found that this was in fact on sale for £12. I squealed at the sight of it on my screen and that alone made my week. After finding a few other bargain picks, I couldn't wait for it to arrive. 

I had never purchased 'The Balm' products before hand so I was intrigued to find how this would fair to other brands of similar price. I've heard countless positive comments on this highlighter and so my expectations where of high standard. At first glance, the packaging is adorable and eye catching and I find the design similar to that of a Benefit product. 


In terms of the actual product, all the cliché statements come to mind when swatching this beauty. It is indeed finely milled and the shimmer certainly is not subtle, highlighting the high points of the cheek, this can make a statement if that's what you intend and give you a lovely glow. It has a nice champagne tone which I naturally do draw towards when it comes to highlighters as I love how it is versatile to just about every skin tone. A heavy hand with this product can result in you portraying a glitter ball so a light hand is definitely necessary. If you can control the amount of product then this is an absolutely gorgeous highlight and I find myself reaching for this more than my MAC Mineralised Skin Finish in 'soft and gentle' as that has more of a chunky glitter. It is also a perfect shade for a sweep of colour and shimmer over the lids to help brighten those eyes or used as an inner eye highlight which I often find myself doing.

You can't get ahold of 'The Balm' products in store in the UK but it is widely available online. Without the sale, this is around £16 but I do recommend that if you are considering this product then to just purchase it at feel unique now as the sale is still ongoing. With this being said, I think I will be repurchasing this but I have a feeling that this current one will last me for quite some time. 

Are there any other 'The balm' products you would recommend as I would love to try more!?


2 comments:

  1. I seriously want to try this, can't believe it's in the sale now. So hard to resist!

    http://www.anothergirlsparadise.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! so if you are interested, i recommend buying it now haha xx

    ReplyDelete