Sunday 29 September 2013

Keep Moisturised: Fall&Winter


When the seasons reach fall and winter, I'm pretty sure our skin is the first to detect and react to the change in weather conditions before we consciously even realise it ourselves. My skin is generally pretty dry except for the T- zones of my face and well lets face it, every other teenager suffers with that ordeal. So to support my skin through the horrifying weather conditions to come, I have a few products to help keep hydrated. 

FACE
SIMPLE Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser :-
I apply this as a morning face moisturiser and it really does make all the difference. The formula is light; is quick to absorb to the skin and doesn't leave residue, basically all the factors required for a care free moisturiser that is needed for underneath make up. 

NIVEA Rich Regenerating Night Cream :-
In the summer, I typically use the simple moisturiser in both morning and night routines but during the more colder months I tend to switch this in at night time just to give my skin a bit more of a boost. This of course, being a night cream is definitely more thick and rich. In the mornings, there is still a little residue left on the face but I cleanse my face anyways so its nothing to worry over. 

BODY
PALMERS Cocoa Butter Fragrance Free Moisturiser :- 
This is again, quite a thick formula and takes some time to work into the skin but does wonders if you are patient enough. This one is Frangrance free as my skin can be quite sensitive to perfumed products. However, if you have smelt the original then I urge you to pick that up as it smells absolutely divine and lingers on the skin days after. Reason I know this is that my mother uses it and I'm trying to ween my skin into this! 

DOVE Summer Glow Beauty Body Lotion :- 
This is basically a tinted moisturiser. If you are wanting to maintain your 'summer glow' then I highly recommend this product. The 'tinted' part also ensures that you won't turn out like an orange the next day. You can gradually build it up until you are satisfied with the colour...Just be sure to wash your hands after applying, I'm sure we've all made that mistake. 

HANDS
JERGENS Ultra Healing Hand Cream :- 
Hands are something crucial that need to be cared for through the fall and winter as they essentially suffer the full wrath of colder conditions. This particular product is suited to 'nourish and heal' the skin which is perfect for if your hands get extremely dry or even cracked during this time. The formula is great as it absorbs to the skin quickly and smells lovely! 

Comment below some of your favourite products to help you through fall and winter? 


No comments:

Post a Comment