Tuesday 10 September 2013

Manicures Of The French


Now I'm not all to sure if the french manicure actually originated from the french but it does seem a tad strange if say, the Portuguese discovered it and named it 'french'. 
However I'm pretty sure that when it comes to the humble manicure, the French manicure will almost always certainly come out on top. Nowadays, I find that acrylic nailed white tips can come off a tad too fake what with just about every girl caked with make up, dangling extensions, topped off with the over sized fake nail somewhat giving the once sophisticated manicure a negative impression. Don't get me wrong, I think acrylics can make such a difference but I do suggest not going over the top and choosing a size and length that do not match your hands. 

I used to torture my nails by biting the hell out of them, up until I decided that I wanted to paint my nails and in order to achieve perfect the perfect set, nail care, I found, was highly crucial. So I just stopped. Just like that. So when it came to finally being able to paint the beloved white tips on, I was thoroughly ecstatic and ever since then, I have had the joys of learning to perfect it. 

For the base, I have recently been using Rimmel Lycra French Manicure in 'French Rose' to give it that subtle pink base and for the tips, I have simply been using a Barry M Polish in 'White' as I find the brush to be the perfect length and width to cover the tip but at the same time gain precision. 
I find that the simplest trick to a neat white tip is to place the brush horizontally at the edge of the nail and move the nail in a rolling motion, so you are not really moving the brush at all. The result being a polished, even tip. 

If done right, I find that this manicure can look effortless, yet add that splash of sophistication and class, all while making those oddly dull hands more aesthetically pleasing. There's also no need for those of you that fret about your nails not matching your blouse. 


What are your thoughts on french manicures? 









4 comments:

  1. I used to bite my nails, only recently have I started to keep them long and healthy. I'd love to do French manicure nails but I'm just not good enough to do it. One day I will try as it goes wrong whenever I do it haha! X

    Kathryn
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i know what your going through! I'm sure with a bit of practice it will be perfect, it took me a good amount of tries to get it looking decent! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails are so lovely! I used to bite my nails for years but I thought it looked horrible and I was the same as you, I just stopped straight away. I haven't had a french manicure in years but this post really makes me want to do it.

    Caitlin
    caitacrawford.blogspot.co.uk

    - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well at least i know I'm not the only one haha! aww you should soon :)

      xx

      Delete