Sunday 1 September 2013

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer



I know the it looks like a wart on my hand but i promise its just a scab from a bug bite!

(£7.99 at Boots) 


It is officially september on this depressed gloomy 1st of september day and that automatically means that college is round the corner. Originally, I had planned to do a 'Back to school' post to kick of the season but I didn't want to force myself into that sad state just yet and thought I would prolong that summer fever.

Trolling through boots, which has become an insane habit might I add, I was on the look out for a product that would prepare me for the sleepiness nights and as a result of that, the fairly unattractive under eye circles during the school weeks. This particular product has gained quite a bit of hype in the beauty community and as firm believer of trusting expert opinions, I opted to give this a whirl. I was also intrigued to see how the unique sponge applicator would fair to the standard doe foot wand. 



First off, I would just like to point out that I did not by any means purchase this product with the idea to 'age rewind' in any way. I'm 17 so... I don't really want to be looking like a primary school kid. Anyway, I picked out the colour 'fair' which is a shade lighter than my natural skin tone with the idea in mind that it would help to achieve a natural highlight above the cheeks, down the bridge of the nose etc.. in the base stages. 

I love this concealer. I understand the hype. The formula is creamy and not at all cake-y on the skin while still maintaining the coverage needed to mask those dark circles. Personally, I don't suffer from extreme dark under eyes so I mostly use it to give my face a more fresh and brightened look but I can see that from the good amount of coverage, it would work wonders if you do suffer from them. Also, I quite like the idea of the domed sponge applicator as it gives an even application and is the right size to apply to the smaller contours of the face. The only negative comment I would have to make is that the applicator can be a little messy as it can build up around the edge of the packaging if you twist too much or after quite a bit of use but other than that, this would have to be a repurchase for me. 

What are your thoughts on this concealer? 



10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blog; I'm a new follower coming from twitter. Stop back by my blog xx

    www.hautedare.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would definitely love to give it a go! I have awful dark circles as well and working full time is not helping the situation. At the mo I'm using Collection Lasting Perfection which is effective for covering up but can get cakey.

    rubyduchess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, found that when using lasting perfection, i think its only good for covering blemishes. this is light enough to still look natural but still give you coverage :) its worth a try! xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good product.
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh i havent tried this, going to put it on to my wishlist! lovely blog, followed on bloglovin'! would love it if you could check out mine xxx

    www.oliviaroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should! and aww thank you so much! will be sure to check yours out :)

      Delete
  5. Fantastic review Chloe, I agree with everything you've said!
    so glad UK finally have this ^_^
    the age rewind bit made me chuckle hahaha
    The Blushing Giraffe | A New UK Beauty Blog
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! i was way happy! and aww thank you haha xx

      Delete
  6. This does look really nice, and pale too which is good for people like me who struggle to find things pale enough, but I just can't get my head around the applicator. I much prefer using a brush that I know I can wash, it's the same with the illuminating pen type products where you twist the bottom, I hate those too! Great review though :)

    Hannah x
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha aww, well i guess its to everyones preference, but i get where your coming from. it may get a bit dirty :) but thank you!

      xx

      Delete