Sunday 22 September 2013

Eyes Of The Day #1





I play with eye make up often, whether it be for college or a special event. Either way, I love a good statement eye look and change it up whenever I can or have the time to experiment. With it being autumn, I have really been loving the more cranberry and soft browns to complement the seasonal change in colours. 

For the base, I used the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Metallic Pomegranate' which is a gorgeous warm berry with a pink undertone to not only help the shadows last but to complement and intensify the crease shades.
As I said, I have been loving the berry tones this season, so to intensify the base colour I packed on the darkest shade in the Mayelline Diamond Glow quad in 'Coral Drama' on the outer third of the lid and blended it in using a Sigma E40 Tapered blending brush. I'm going to do a separate post on this product so I won't say too much except the fact that I can not say enough good things about this quad.
I the gently buffed in 'Buck' from the Naked palette through the top of the shadow and where the base and the dark colour meet for a blended transition.  
Lastly, I used 2nd to darkest shade in the same palette and lightly applied it as my inner corner highlight and slightly on the lash line for the added definition and glow. 
For the liner, I used Maybelline Eye Studio Gel liner to line my upper lash line and slightly wing it out at the ends. 

I think this is a great look for both casual or evening if you want to smoke it out at the lash line for added intensity!

10 comments:

  1. Amazing review loved your blog pictures and style post :D would love to see more really like this palette and I need to get it as its a basic essential the shades are very pigmented too! <3 now following you x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much! yeah you should try it, their great :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous eye look. I'm still lusting after the Naked palette!
    Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) maybe ask for it for christmas!

      xo

      Delete
  3. Now that I have finally mastered applying eye shadow for deep set eyes, I think I am going to get that Naked palette. :)

    Lovely work with the shadows and especially the liner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! haha if you get any palette, it has to to be naked palette ;)

      xo

      Delete
  4. I too love cranberry colours on my eyes. Those neutral colours look lovely on you!

    Mintyessence

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! they're gorgeous for fall :) thank you!

      xo

      Delete
  5. That really suits you!! The colours suit your complexion beautifully!

    lora

    Tansandtiaras.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete