Friday 20 September 2013

Baby Lips VS Smoochies



LEFT- Covergirl's Smoochies in '#Tweet Me' | RIGHT- Maybelline Babylips in 'Cherry Me' 
Tinted lip balms have been quite the rage this summer, so naturally on my travels to the US, I felt obliged to collect a few that I did not yet own or were not available in the UK. Of course with my luck, as soon as I finally get my hands on the coveted Maybelline BabyLips, the drugstores decide to release them in the UK... which I guess in a way is a good thing. 
The Maybelline BabyLips have been a youtube and blogger favourite since the beginning of time. They are simply a nourishing lip balm with a cherry scent, taste and tint, All of which I certainly wouldn't pass up on. The packaging is absolutely adorable and is probably around 70% of the reason for this purchase. The formula, of course is moisturising and smooth to apply, giving the lips that slight dark pink/red tint. In terms of longevity, I wouldn't say this lasts all too long on the lips, but being a moisturising product, they tend not to be, so I wasn't too disappointed. 

It took me a while to get round to actually testing out the Covergirl Smoochies 
(in '#Tweet Me') as I had so many other products a like that it wasn't one of top priority. However, I have to say that it has become a product worth remembering for travel. The packaging I'm not really too keen on; the lid can very easily slide off as there is no snap shut to it. However, The scent is much like sour flavoured cherries and is absolutely divine! 
I find that the orange toned red tint that the product gives off is rather unique and have yet to come across products a like that give off a similar shade. Of course, it is tinted so yet again, you'll find there won't be a mass of pigmentation.

The only real downside to the Smoochies is that this product is not easily available in the UK as drugstores don't offer covergirl so naturally, if you are looking to purchase a tinted lip balm and live in the UK then I would highly recommend the Maybelline Baby Lips, but if you are fortunate enough to have Covergirl at hand then by all means try out the Smoochies. 

Overall, I feel that both these products are definitely worth a shot when looking for a quick wash of colour on a casual day. Easy application without a mirror whilst giving your smackers a nourishment boost and tint. 

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about trying the Babylips for a while...mainly because of the packaging haha

    Isabella

    http://love-and-wardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're great! that was mainly my reason for buying them also haha :)

      xo

      Delete