Saturday 14 September 2013

My 'Go To' Berry Lip Combination



LEFT- Plumful | MIDDLE- Double Dare | RIGHT- plumful layered with double dare 
Due to the drastic temperature changes in this lovely place we call England, I can now officially say it is Autumn. Now, I'm not all too into the colder months as I much prefer the shorts and tee look but make up is something that I quite look forward to changing up, what with the more dark vampy tones in season. 

I think this combination and the shade created when layered is a perfect transition from summer to fall as it does possess that warm berry tone but is still bright enough for the odd sunny day. Plus, it includes one of my all time favourite MAC lipsticks and was in fact the first one I purchased so does hold a little sentimental value. 

Mac Lipstick in 'Plumful' has made an appearance in a few of my posts so I won't ramble. This is a Lustre finish so the colour can be easily sheered out or build-able for a more intense berry but can still hold its moisture. However, for a more glossy and intense shine, I layer MAC CremeSheen Glass in 'Double Dare' which is an impressively highly pigmented gloss holding a brighter tone, giving you a more statement lip. 

I absolutely adore this combination, it's moisturising, perfect for the colder months but still gives you that intense pop of colour. Also, who doesn't love that famous MAC vanilla smell! 

What are your favourite autumn lip combinations? 





10 comments:

  1. Oh that is a gorgeous gloss! I love the look of the lipstick too.. so perfect for Autumn xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour! i think my perfect combo is that Kate Moss matte colour i think its 110? with a bit of clear chanel gloss just because it has these sparkly bits in it that are gorgeous!!

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have that colour, its gorgeous! sounds like a perfect combo!

      xx

      Delete
  3. I've loved bright colours through the summer, with Impassioned being my favourite, but now the season is starting to change I really do want to move over to some plum shades. Unfortunately I don't think I actually have any plum shades so I have got my eye on plumful x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh i love impassioned, I've had my eye on that for a while! I would recommend plumful to everyone haha!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gah its a beautiful combo! super surprised at the pigmentation of that glass, but then it is MAC so xD I bet this looks beautiful!
    For me I still love MUA's power pout in Rendezvous because it comes out as a berry colour and last so very long! ^.^
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it is amazing pigmentation! ooh I'm gonna have to try that mua one, sounds lovely :)

      xx

      Delete
  6. I just bought plumful for my bestfriend for my birthday and I wish I'd bought it myself! It's such a perfect autumnal shade! They look gorgeous together :)

    Rosie
    x

    therunwayrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely, its a great everyday shade too :) aww, just ask for it for your birthday or christmas haha

      xx

      Delete