Thursday 19 September 2013

THE DAILY DOSE: My Fall Teas




Im british... and we british love a good old classic 'cuppa' from time to time... or everyday in some cases. In the summer, I really got into flavoured Ice teas, Lipton's Peach Ice Tea being one of my favourites! So going into this fall season, I figured that in order to keep up with my new found love, Flavoured tea bags were the way to go. 

So I picked up 2 boxes, both not really supporting the newly found autumn spirit but I don't think they were getting released just yet. Now, I'd never tried flavoured tea bags before so I didn't really know what to expect except the fact that this would be without milk. 

I experimented on Mango and Strawberry and the flavour really didn't turn out all to 'liptons peach Ice tea' like and I wasn't all too keen. The flavour was subtle and bland with a sour after taste, not my idea of tea. Granted the Liptons bottle probably contains God know how much sugar and this tea was all natural. Also, I found that if you left the tea bag in for the duration of drinking time, it would basically turn nastily over flavoured and sour.... which typing that out now is quite an obvious concept... moving on. 

However, being the Einstein that I am, I figured that adding a tea spoon of sugar to my oh so lovely concoction would do it justice, and it certainly did! It made all the difference, managing to lift the flavours to their full potential and banish that revolting sour mess. 

TIP:
 If you're not a fan of hot beverages, I recommend brewing this up then leaving it to cool and adding ice cubes to produce your very own ice tea.. but don't forget the sugar! 

So basically, the moral to this rambled story is.... add sugar to tea.  Or if you like subtle, sourish flavours then you simply don't have to! 



2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I've always had this problem but maybe I just need to add sugar! Genius! :)

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you should! makes all the difference :)

      XO

      Delete