Thursday 12 September 2013

THOUGHTS: Bourjois Bronzing Primer





Trolling through Boots on the oh so fabulous 'buy 1 get another 50% off' deal' I decided it was time to give this fairly new release a test. I've had my eye on the Chanel soleil tan de chanel for quite some time but figured I should give this one ago before hammering the bank account on a bronzer. Also, having heard Chanel owns Bourjois (or vice versa) I thought it would be of the same concept. I absolutely love to contour so the idea of a cream bronzer ticks all the boxes for me! 
It is advertised as a 'Bronzing Primer' so at first glance I was a little sceptical on the pigmentation of the product itself. I'm quite fond of the packaging, its a perfect size for travel and the lid is screwed which makes it secure. When swatching, I could understand the 'primer' component as when blended, the finish felt smooth and silky much like a silicon based primer. The pigmentation isn't to overwhelming which at first, I wasn't greatly fond of but when using it to contour, I found it to be a great advantage. It was almost impossible to achieve that streak of orange which isn't all to attractive. I think 'tinted' is well described on the packaging.

I absolutely love the mousse-like consistency as I find it to be easily blend-able and again, can avoid that prominent streak that I have unfortunately witnessed many a time. I do tend to sheer it out and use as a base to apply powdered bronzer over the top if I am wanting to achieve a more heavy contour but for everyday use, this is perfect on its own. 
Quick side note, a dab of product goes a long way so this small tub will most probably last me a while. 

Finally, an added bonus is that it does in fact have a subtle sweet cocoa smell to it which, at this point, completely won me over!

Overall, I would highly recommend this product as I feel that there's nothing similar to this concept (or so I've seen) out in the drugstores. If you're lusting after the Chanel version but don't fancy splashing out, then this would be a great alternative. 

Let me hear your thoughts or what your opinions are of this product! 


6 comments:

  1. I might have to pick this up with this offer and give it a try. I've heard good things.

    Maxine, xx
    theblondeonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. its great! you should give it a go :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot of good things about this too and what an awesome review :)
    I know what you mean about lusting after the chanel one (or perhaps its just that classy packaging?! hehe I joke XD)
    The Blushing Giraffe | The Bloglovin'
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! haha i think everyone does, the devine packaging is just an added bonus! :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. I adore the smell of this stuff! I'm really glad I purchased it

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does smell lovely! I hope you enjoy it :)
      xx

      Delete