Monday 16 September 2013

THOUGHTS: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum






£10.99 (Superdrug)

When it comes to foundations, I'm not really the type to sport a full coverage formula often. On an everyday basis, I tend to steer toward the BB creams and if I'm fortunate enough to be blessed with a good skin day then concealer would do the job just fine. When reading the phrase 'Gel Foundation' I was a tad skeptical on how natural the finish would be. However being a firm follower of EssieButton from youtube, I simply couldn't resist the purchase. 
Lets start of with the packaging, which I happen to like, its a decent size bottle and the fact that it actually provides a pump ticks all the boxes for me. Yeah, I'm that girl that over pours and stains the freshly cleaned outfit. The pump just provides you with a controlled, safe amount of product and saves cleaning time. 

The product itself is a water based formula, which I was quite fond of. my morning moisturiser is also water based and Ive heard that if your moisturiser/primer are the same base as your bb cream/ foundation then it helps with longevity... Back to the point... When blended into the skin, it gives quite a matte finish, which I was pleasantly surprised at as a lot of water based formulas tend to be a tad more dewy. I have quite an oily T-zone so I often stay away from them. It does give off a smidge more coverage than your average BB cream but still remains natural to the skin. its excellent for just evening out your skin tone and covering redness, but concealer is still needed for blemishes.

Just had to point out that it has a subtle floral smell, which I absolutely adore and is just an added bonus, but most Boujois products have a pleasant smell attached so it wasn't surprising! 

The only criticism I have is that it is advertised to last '16 hours'. I find that it does wear throughout the day and concealer is once again needed. 

Other than that, I'm quite pleased with my new... foundation? ... serum? Either way, I'm liking it for everyday use and would purchase it again myself. 

Have you tested it out yet, any thoughts!? 



9 comments:

  1. aww thank you so much :)
    will follow now chuck

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow,dear.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a lovely blog :), and thanks for the makeup/ beauty tips, they seriously help xx
    could you follow me back on bloglovin? xx
    it would mean a lot.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you very much :) its no problem, I'm just here to help

      will follow you now :)

      xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous Blog!
    I love the look of this foundation, I keep meaning to give it a try

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post! I love Bourjois products!! would you like to follow each other by Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ooh same :)

      will do now lovely

      xx

      Delete