Tuesday 14 January 2014

Make Up Brush Must-Haves


Please excuse the rather ratchet looking make up brushes. Once again, I was too darn lazy to clean them... story of my life. Looking back, I've never really gone into much detail talking about specific brushes or what my preferred choices are. So I figured it would be a nice idea to share the tools I reach for day to day and most certainly could not live without. 

Real Techniques Buffing Brush - 
The Real techniques collection, in general, are amazingly high quality brushes, priced within the drugstore range and are great for when you are wanting to ease someone into make up. The buffing brush is an absolute God sent for foundations, BB creams, etc and gives a flawlessly even application. The only downfall is that you can only purchase it with the core collection, which if you're wanting to own more than one, can be a bit of an issue. 

Real Techniques Contour Brush - 
Again, this is included within the Core Collection. The name sort of gives it away, but it provides a tapered end to concentrate the product on the hollows of the cheeks. I also use this to highlight as it's small enough to keep the product on the tops of the cheekbones and down the centre of the nose without spreading to unwanted areas.

Sigma Travel Powder Brush (F30) - 
I tend to concentrate powder on the T-zones of my face and so this gives me with the perfect amount of precision (being travel size), while still maintaining quite a large surface area to avoid cakey-ness.

Sigma Tapered Blending Brush (E40) - 
I'm a total blending freak. I will continuously blend my shadows for hours if I have to in order to achieve those seamlessly faded edges. Because the surface area is pretty large but the the hair density is quite sparse, I tend to go in with this at the end to blend all of my hard work together and make sure edges are perfect. 

Sigma Small Angled Brush (E65) -
Brows are one of most, if not the most important when it comes to the face, so its only right that the tool of choice ends up as a must have. This simply makes it easier for me to draw on natural hairs while keeping the edges of my brows clean. 

MAC 217 Brush -
I don't think this even needs an explanation. Everyone who's anyone has heard of the coveted 217. I have to say, I was fairly late on the band wagon myself, but its never too late. I'm telling you, if you are remotely into eyeshadow, invest in one of these beauties. At £18, their not the cheapest of brushes, but I guarantee you will never turn back. Blending will be so much more fun. 

Comment below any brushes you would recommend, I'm always on the hunt for more! 

2 comments:

  1. I love Real Techniques! But i'd also like to give Sigma brushes a go:) you have a really lovely blog xx

    Mollie @ bellerae.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Neat ρost. There's a prοblem wth your web site in աeb explorer,
    would tеst this? IE still iis the market ϲhiеf and a big component to other people ԝill leave out
    your great writing duе to this problem.

    Review my web blog ... purest pro bio cleanse

    ReplyDelete