Friday 31 January 2014

MONTHLY FAVOURITES: January






Congrats everyone, we did it! We officially got through the most depressing month of the year. To be honest I think its flown by, but having to get back into that continuous routine has been quite the challenge. Nonetheless, I have discovered some crackers in the month of January and can't wait to share them with you all.
Eating a tangerine while writing this and it's so dry I can almost feel my mouth dehydrating... *shuffles to the bin*.

No7 Eyeliners
I picked this up in a set of 5 in the january sales and It's allowed me to experiment with a colour other than black on the lower lash line. They're not too bright as too make the biggest of statements but it definitely makes a difference. My favourites have been the olive-y green tone and the deep purple. 

Topshop Eye Crayons
These were also a january sale purchase and have been my joyful saviour on rushed days. It's certainly pigmented enough to act as a one swipe wonder, but can also be used as a base for shadows. 

Naked 3 Palette
I only recently just got my hands on this beauty, but I can tell it's going to make a frequent appearance in the coming months of spring. I'm forever in love with rose gold and this just screams rose-y gold hues. its just... I can't even describe how mesmerising it is both in the palette and on the lids. 

Bare Minerals Loose Shadows
I received this set of 27? 28? 30? loose shadows off my dear mother and father and boy do they know how to pick 'em... make up that is. They're hugely pigmented both on its own and with a spritz of Fix+. The shade to the left is 'Rose Gold' and there's no doubt that it was love at first sight. The second is 'Velvety Mauve' which reminds me a lot of 'Nooner' in the Naked 3 palette. 

MAC Lipstick in 'ChatterBox'
This is typically a spring to summer shade with it being quite a bright blue toned pink, but I've loved pairing this with the NYX gloss in 'Beige'. Though it seems we're still in the midst of winter, I think its added a pop of colour to my current monotone-esque wardrobe. 

Essie's 'Cascade Cool'
It seems blue toned pinks have been my thing in the month of january. This has been adorning my nails constantly, again, adding a smudge more colour to my winter wardrobe.  

My Soft Box Light
This a fairly random favourite, but since purchasing my soft box light, photography on this blog has been an absolute dream. Not to mention the extreme amount of flexibility I get as I know longer have to wait for the sun on weekends. I also use this when doing my makeup in the morning with it standing next to my dressing table. So if you're contemplating on one, then I highly recommend it! 

I hope you've all had a wonderful month, leave your favourites down below! 

5 comments:

  1. I love your swatches. All the products you've picked are so pretty. I really need to try Topshop's makeup.

    Kah-Feh Yen | YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loving the top shop eye crayons such beautiful shimmers :) I have never used top shop products before so this has really changed my mind to do so! x

    www.krystelcouture.com x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That that mac lipstick is gorgeous!

    thepowderednose.blogspot.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those swatches just look so beautiful!!

    Tracey
    Saturdaynightgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete