Thursday 16 January 2014

Rimmel ScandalEyes Liner VS Maybelline Master Precise Liner


My first encounter with eyeliner was at the spritely young age of 11. Im now 17... so you can only imagine how many oddly sorts I've been through in those 6 years. Now since my 'VS' posts have been most popular here on CMC, it was only right that my next comparison should be that of a product I hold most dear to my heart... the felt tip liner. 

You simply can't fault a trusty felt tip liner; they're a perfect 'on the go' product that give definition to your once tired eyes, whilst remaining quick and easy with application.

From first glance, Rimmel ScandalEyes holds quite a short nib, which makes precision and control much easier for those who are just starting out with liner. Swatching on the back of the hand, the liquid seems quite intense, but on the lids is a whole other story; It simply doesn't glide over the lash line smoothly, coming out as a faded line until I began to build it up. It did however start working slightly better when I kept it standing upside down to encourage the product to the nib. Nonetheless, if I forgot to place it upside down, the next application was much dryer and harder to work with. A bit of a faff if you ask me. 

Now, the Maybelline Master Precise seems the complete opposite. As you can see, the nib on this is much more elongated and so more flimsy. If you're new to lining the upper lash line then this will take some getting use to. Even with 6 years up my sleeve, it did take me a couple of tries to gain control, but once I did, it was a dream. The product itself is much more intense and produces a perfect line in one glide. Being a longer nib, it can provide you with a little more precision; using the tip to achieve a sharp cat eye at the ends, or lie it flatter for a thicker liner look. 

Overall, I would definitely recommend giving the Maybelline Master Precise liner a go. Although it takes some getting use to, it's perfect for achieving a quick dramatic eye, or even a simple winged liner. 

3 comments:

  1. This was soooo helpful! I'm always confused as to which pen liner to try, and I've heard some pretty good things from the collection one?! Will keep the Maybelline one in mind too, great comparison ^_^
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the master precise eyeliner and it does take some getting used to but its so worth it once your over that initial use. I love doing my winged eyeliner with this! thank you for sending me your link, I'm now following you hun!

    www.thefrancescadiaries.com x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to take a look at the Maybelline pick here. I haven't tried it before, but I'm definitely interested. I always love looking for good drugstore eyeliners.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete