Wednesday 8 January 2014

Best In Beauty 2013





I've only just realised whilst uploading the pictures that I have in fact, picked out 13 products. I could totally make this into the 'top 13 of 2013' tag floating around on youtube but it was completely unintentional. 
The majority of my favourites from 2013 have popped up from the drugstore. Lets be honest, drugstore brands were on a roll the past year, with quite a few releases being dupes for high end products! So without further a do, lets get started shall we.

The Face

Nivea Express Hydration Primer - 
This has been perfect for lazy days (which are most) when I simply don't have the energy or time to deal with both a moisturiser and a primer. I don't exactly wear primer on a day to day basis but this is definitely a lighter formula compared to a heavy silicone base.

L'Oreal Nude Magique Foundation - 
This really is magical; It's a water based foundation that once buffed into the skin, simply disappears, leaving a light coverage in its place. The only downside to it being a powder-esque finish is that it does have a tendency to cling and highlight dry patches, so I do make moisturising a priority.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum - 
Now this is for the days when my skin's not looking all that brilliant and a tad dry. I wouldn't say it had a full coverage but definitely more so than the L'Oreal. Theres nothing to really fault about this foundation, it simply works well on all skin types.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - 
A lovely formula and coverage, perfect for under the eyes. It also holds a slight salmon undertone to counter-act those dark circles after sleepless nights. Now somehow, it sneaked into the eyes category when taking the pictures. Don't ask, it was before 12pm and I wasn't all that awake. 

MAC Fix + - 
I've spoken about this numerous times, so much so, you're all probably sick of hearing about it. It's simply a nifty product to have on your vanity in times of powder crisis or pigment problems.

The Cheeks 


The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer - 

Hands down, the best highlighter I've come across in 2013! I love champagne toned highlights and this one fits it to a tee. I think the only warning is that you should use with a light hand and in moderation, if not, you could end up looking a little glitter ball-esque.

Bourjois Bronzing Primer - 
A concept like this has never really been introduced to the drugstore, but I was certainly pleased as I wasn't quite ready to splash out on the Chanel Soleil De Tan. I use this when I'm looking for a more defined contour, blended wonderfully.

The Eyes

ScandalEyes Eyeliner in 'Nude' -
The perfect water liner for tired eyes... or if you're simply wanting a bright doe eyed look. The formula is extremely creamy yet lasts all day. 

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - 
I can't say enough good things about this palette. It's definitely a 'go-to' for an everyday look and I do in fact use this on a daily basis, mixing 'faint' and 'crave' to fill in my brows. 

Maybelline Colour Tattoos -
I think this is a product that will crop up continuously in peoples favourites for 2013. I must admit, the shade range isn't all that brilliant, but the formula definitely makes up for it. A quick swipe over the lids and you're good to go on a rushed morning. 

The Lips

Maybelline Moisture Renew Lipsticks -
I haven't specifically chosen this for a particular colour, but rather the formula that maybelline recently revamped. To be fair, they don't last too long but it feels comfortable and I can see it being a staple in the summer if you're craving a bit of colour. 

EOS Lip Balms - 
This is another product that has cropped up in number of posts. Just simply a staple Lip balm that does the job with minimal fuss. The extremely cute packaging may also contribute to my love for this.

Revlon Lip Butters- 
Again, this is more of a formula favourite. Perfect for all seasons and the shade range is spectacular! You find both sheer and more opaque options, all holding a lovely balm texture without fuss. 

So, there's my pick of the bunch! I've been reading and watching so many 2013 favourites and it's interesting to see what people's winning products for this year are. I do hope 2014 will match, if not exceed the offerings of last year! 

4 comments:

  1. I've been unsure about getting the Naked Basics pallet or not. I'm quite a neutrals girl, and am way too lazy to go for really big eye looks. Think I may have to treat myself to it after this,

    And I have to agree with you on the Colour Tattoos, They're easy-peasy!


    Jayde | iamjayde.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few of these would be in my favourites too! Healthy mix is one of them :) Love lip butters and scandaleyes too! Great post :)

    xxx
    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of these I also adored the past year! Especially my beloved Mary-Lou, she's captured my heart! haha
    The colour tattoos are phenomenal! I think I forgot to add them ._. oh dear haha, AND THE RIMMEL NUDE LINER = LOVE
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many products here that I want to try! Great post!

    thepowderednose.blogspot.com
    X

    ReplyDelete