Sunday 12 January 2014

The Sunday Edit: Small Drugstore Haul


So instead of revealing my week to you all, (which to be honest, hasn't been much) I thought I would make it a tad more interesting and share a few bits I picked up at the drugstore. Some are standard repurchases and others are what have been cropping up more recently; curiosity and advertising simply won me over. 

Tresemmé Salon Finish HairSpray - 
I'm not too fussy with my hairspray, but after the disastrous experience with Elnett, I decided to stay clear away and find something that would actually make the efforts of curling my hair worth its while. 

Batiste Dry Shampoo XXL Volume - 
I'm all for the Batiste range, so feeling a little daring, I decided to be a little different and go for volume. I have quite flat, pin straight hair anyway so any volume is better than no volume. Fingers crossed, it actually works. 

L'Oreal Micellar Solution -
This is, of course, a repurchase. If I can't get my hands on Bioderma then this comes just as close. I can't recommend it enough.

Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturiser -
Also a repurchase; it's a gentle, fuss free moisturiser that I typically use before make up as it does absorb within minutes. If you've got particularly dry skin then I would recommend something a little stronger, but for us oil-ys, its perfect.  

Maybelline Master Precise FeltTip Liner - 
I've yet to try this out but I'm planning on doing a 'VS' post with the Rimmel Scandaleyes. From first glance, the nib seems quite flimsy so may be harder to work with, but we'll see. 

Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser - 
I could not wait for this to pop up in the UK and was the soul reason for me going to the drugstore in the first place. Again, I have yet to put it through it's paces but I assure you that once I have, I review will be coming shortly after. 

L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara - 
I'm not really a mascara junkie but seeing the adorable advertisement, plus the fact that it was on offer for £5.99... made the purchase simply irresistible. 

I hope you all had a lovely week!

8 comments:

  1. I'm quite tempted by that Manga mascara, the price is so good it's hard to ignore!


    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely should pick it up while the offer still stands, its at boots! :) xo

      Delete
  2. Excited to see the 'vs' post as I'm always curious about felt tip liners!
    lovely haul :)
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I'm excited to compare them both! :) xo

      Delete
  3. Oh I like the sound of the pore eraser! Also need to get my hands on some of the micellar solution
    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Tresemme hairspray and Simple Moisturiser!! Been tempted by the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser!! Love this post x

    http://lipstickandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Il look forward to your review of baby skin. I reviewed if today. I'm not impressed :( http://thepowderednose.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/maybelline-baby-skin-instant-pore-eraser.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! il be sure to take a look at your review :) xo

      Delete