Thursday 30 January 2014

THOUGHTS: L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara



With manga, abnormally large doe eyes spring to mind. Now who wouldn't want that... I know I sure would. Colourful displays and a big fat sign shouting 'offer for £5.99' was simply enough to lure me in. I swear Boots can sense my weaknesses.
As a daily falsies wearer myself, I'm not typically a huge mascara junkie... but who can resist Barbara Palvin on the advertisements. 

The wand itself is said to offer '360 degree Flexibility' but I find myself not really using the enhanced movement for anything in particular. In fact, the only thing it does do is make slotting the wand back into the tube quite a chore. However, Im loving the coned shaping of the wand, giving more precision when trying to reach the inner corner or outer lashes. 

The formula is definitely more thick and dryer than most, meaning it does clump easier. This may seem off putting at first, but I find that the thicker consistency makes the mascara adhere to the lashes better. I especially love this, as wetter formulas do absolutely nothing to my non existent lashes. It definitely focuses on the volumizing aspect with it being a tad more clumpy, but still gives you the adequate length desired. 
If there's one way I'm going to use this mascara, its on the bottom lashes. I think the consistency is perfect for it! Surprisingly, it adds tonnes of length and volume with just 1-2 coats. 

If you love the look of more spidery lashes (as do I) then there's no doubt that this would be a recommendation. However, I do realise this isn't to everyones preference, and so if that is you, then I would simply recommend stopping at 2-3 coats... anything after that is entering spider zone. 

1 comment:

  1. I have the purple version of this and although there's nothing particularly wrong with it I'm not a huge fan either. I'm not keen on the dry formula, it seems to be such an effort to get it to transfer from the wand to my lashes and I don't think it particularly has any kind of Manga effect either x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete