Wednesday 1 January 2014

What Is Your New Years Resolution?


Year after year, we conjure up a New Years Resolution in a hopes to better the year before, but how many of us can whole heartedly say we have stuck to that commitment. I sure haven't. 
However, this year, I've decided that I'm well and truly going to stick to my resolutions, I mean they're now being documented as I type, making it more official than its ever been... and even more of an embarrassment if I fail. Yikes. 

So without further a do, these are the new years resolutions I am attempting this year: 
 1. Be more organised:
I wouldn't class myself as a complete scatter brain... saying that, you certainly won't find me ahead of schedule. Generally, I'm more a 'go with the flow' type, but with important exams looming in June, I think its time I shape up and get myself together. 

2. Blog regularly:
I love to post. Anything that really comes to mind, I'll post it. However, I do find myself simply not having the time to. Again, this comes down to the whole organisation thing. I ultimately need to plan when I will do certain posts, write them,take photos etc 

3. Be healthy:
 I think this is one that 95% of the population have in mind, seen as though everyone is wanting to shed the pounds they gained from eating one to many mince pies over the christmas period. 
Now I wouldn't say I wanted to lose weight as such, but being more active is definitely on the agenda. I do zumba and swimming every so often, but it just isn't enough. Not only do I have to exercise, I need to learn to eat healthily. Don't get me wrong, I love me some fruit and veggies, but everyone can admit that the sweets cupboard will most likely win in a fight over the carrot stick. 

4. Quit the laziness:
 This one will definitely be the hardest, and most probably the one I will fail at first. I am a huge procrastinator. Huge. If something can be done the night before, or even on the day, it'll be done then. I'm that person that will be frantically finishing off work in the free period before it needs to be handed in. Its terrible, I know. 

So there may be quite a lot there, and odds are, I will fail one or two at some point. However, I think that if you really are willing to change then the best time to do it is now, in this moment, because you never know what may lie ahead.

So my question is, what is your New Years Resolution?

1 comment:

  1. Some great resolutions! I definitely need to be more organised, especially in blogging and be more healthy!
    I blogged about my resolutions over on my page if you'd like a read :)

    Tamsyn-Elizabeth
    Peach Pow XO

    ReplyDelete