Wednesday 18 September 2013

Dual Chrome Manicure



£7.99 (Boots)

In the past, my preference for polishes has always stirred me away from dual chrome shades for no particular reason. However, going into fall and with the change in colours, I figured that it would be the perfect opportunity to change up my selection to kick start the autumn season. 


Rummaging at my collection, this vanish 'Dive Bar' by Essie caught my eye. I had purchased it a while back but it simply got lost in the process and was never tried. I adore the formula of Essie Polishes so I was expecting no less from this. 

Dive Bar has a green shimmer base but of course is dual chromed with purple and blue tones, the colours included I found perfect for fall. The formula is, of course, amazing. Easy to work with and is opaque enough to be done with one coat (I always paint 2 just to be safe). 
In terms of the dual chromey-ness...if thats a word.... of this particular polish, It is less noticeable on the nails than in the bottle as it appears as a slight shimmery dark bottle green. However, in natural sunlight, I find that the slight purple tones do shine through. 

I do recommend this shade for anyone who wants to wear an ultra dark nail without going full on gothic black as the dual chrome does make it a tad more interesting and is more wearable than a full on glitter manicure. 

Trying this out has definitely encouraged me to pick up more dual chrome polishes in the future 
and I'm looking forward to experimenting and hopefully including them in my nail art! 

Any thoughts on a dual chrome mani for fall? 


















5 comments:

  1. YOUR NAILS ARE GORGEOUS! i WANT PRETTY NAILS :( haha, and your camera is awesome! which one is it if you don't mind me asking?
    I've never tried dual chrome nails either but I do love darker polishes so many pick this up at some point ^_^ excellent review
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I'm sure you do to :)
      I use the panasonic lumix DMC GF1 if that helps, I just read it of the camera haha :L

      xx

      Delete
  2. I LOVE THAT COLOUR!!! Great post, really enjoyed it.
    Like your blog - you have yourself a new follower!
    You should check out this Nail Polish phone cover! over on my blog
    isabelbeatrice.blogspot.com
    - hope you like it xx
    love Isabel Beatrice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the follow, will be sure to check it out, thanks! :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. That colour is actually beautiful! I was tempted to buy it a while back actually but was never sure how well it would turn out... but it looks lovely! :D
    Kammi
    xx

    http://beautybookblog.com

    ReplyDelete