Wednesday 4 September 2013

BACK TO SCHOOL: Lips Of Choice



In order of lip products in previous images 
When considering a lip product suitable for school/ college days, quite a few factors come into consideration: longevity, comfort, effort etc. Most would stay within their comfort zone and opt for a simple chap stick and breaking boundaries would be a tinted lip balm, Which to be honest, I have no problem with. At the end of the day, that option is hassle free and no fuss is included. However being a lip product lover, I do often like to wear a spot of colour on the lips as I feel that it can make a look more put together and like effort has been made. Most days, I would swerve toward the 'my lips but better' shades (I know, cliché statement alert!) but on the days that I am feeling a bit on the daring side, I tend to opt for the classic red lip. So here are some options that I find fit the bill perfectly. 


EOS Lip Balm-
A girl has got to have a lip balm. Whether it be worn alone, or as a base for a not so moisturising lipstick, it is an essential for every women. These in particular have been mentioned far to many times on this blog as I can not say enough good things about them so if you want the detailed thoughts here is  the REVIEW

REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick in 'Pink in the Afternoon' - 
When glancing at the bullet, it comes across as the typical pink lipstick. When swatched, I find it to be a more muted version of MAC 'Chatterbox' which is a shade I find a tad too blue toned for my skin tone so this was a perfect alternative. It is a definite 'my lips but better' shade and the formula is comfortable and easy to work with. Due to the not so glossy but not so matte finish, it is both quite moisturising yet still long lasting and wears of the lips effortlessly. 

REVLON Lip Butter in 'Berry Smoothie' -
I highly recommend all lip butters as the formula of these beauties are perfect for school, with it being moisturising but at the same time, highly pigmented. Revlon offer a wide range of gorgeous shades, each one of them I would happily own. In terms of longevity, they don't last all to long on the lips but I am willing to look past that for the gazillion other good points. I find that 'berry smoothie' is a shade that will give off a bit more pigmentation and is perfect for the transition to fall and winter with it being a dark, almost berry toned pink. 

L'ORÉAL Colour Riche Balm in 'Tender Mauve' -
This was featured in my 'Go To Nude' post where I found that layering MAC 'Shy girl' gave a lovely nude lip. However, on its on, it gives off the perfect mauve (hence the name) tone, with slight shimmer, it enhances the natural colour of your lips but at the same time giving the illusion of more plumped version. Being a balm, the longevity of the formula isn't all to great with it lasting an hour or two but it is expected and can easily be re-applied without a mirror. 

BOURJOIS Colour Boost Lip Crayon in 'Red Sunrise' - 
If I am looking to pull of a red lip, which is mostly on days when my outfits lean on monochromatic. I tend to reach for these to give me that splash of colour. So being a stain, the colour lasts all day on the lips, which I find crucial when wanting a bold lip at college and wears beautifully. These have definitely been a favourite with its high colour pay off, stunning gloss finish and extreme longevity makes for a perfect red lip. REVIEW 

What are some of your back to school lip product favourites? 

2 comments:

  1. revlon lip butters are absolutely amazing for a most subtle lipstick look, and i love how moisturising they are. i've been meaning to pick up one of the bourjois lip pencils ever since they came out, but haven't gotten around to it yet - i think i'll go for the same shade you have, can't go wrong with a red lip!
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you definitely should! all the shades are amazing and so moisturising :)

    ReplyDelete