Thursday 26 September 2013

THOUGHTS: Maybelline 'Diamond Glow' Quad









(£7.19)

When I finally decide to release my grasp off summer, I automatically go on the hunt for the classic autumnal shades. Auburns, dark woody tones, all of which I have a slight love for.

All for shades contain shimmer but are not partially chunky glitters so can still be worn on an everyday basis. To the touch, they have that desired buttery texture and swatched beautifully on the hand as seen in the picture above. However, some of the shades, when applied to the lids, then became a different story; in particular the 2 middle colours. 

I attempted to apply the light gold tone to the inner third of the lid and nothing came from the brush, it basically just fell from the brush to my cheeks and was in no way shape or form as pigmented as when swatched. After trying to layer and build the colour as much as possible, I simply gave up and resorted to my Naked palette for 'half baked' to achieve my gold tone. 

Deciding to go for another attempt, I tested out the pink shade. Now this turned out slightly better, but with a little work needed. There was still a tad bit of fall out and build up needed, but I did achieve my desired pigmentation... eventually.  

However, I was thoroughly impressed with the lightest and darkest shade. Full to the brim with pigmentation; easily applied to the lid and effortlessly blend-able. 

Overall, I'm not particularly over the moon with this quad. Safe to say it isn't the absolute worst I've experienced but because the colour palette is absolutely divine, I don't seem to want to give it up just yet. So I think I will just have to continue to work with it. 

If any of you have any suggestions on palettes or even singles with colours of similar shades (cranberry tones etc...) please feel free to leave a comment down below! 


5 comments:

  1. I really like the look of this. I would have totally overlooked it in the shops though. I love the darkest shade

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i was specifically looking for a shadow in that darkest shade, otherwise i think i would have :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. This looks lovely! Very Autumny (if that is even a word!)

    Rachel x

    thedrugstorelife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quality of picture on your blog!! And the product looks really good especially for autumn.. Love these colours, this is definitely going into my shopping list!xo

    http://www.bloglovin.com/annadublett

    ReplyDelete