Friday 6 September 2013

Bioderma VS L'Oréal Micellar Solution


Back in the day, I was an avid cleansing wipes user and they were all rage, little did I know how almost poisonous they were to our beloved skin. Since switching to cleansing waters, I have since found that I in fact have oily skin and do not have a natural red tinge thanks to the lack of alcohols present in the solutions.

cleanser wise, Bioderma has always been, shall I say, a 'holy grail' product that features heavily in both my morning and night routines. So when there was a speculation of a supposed dupe for my well loved micellar water at a fraction of a price, Though I was sad to part with my Bioderma, I was intrigued to experiment and put it through it's paces. 

I have to admit, Bioderma completely changed my skin. Of course, We as teenagers are prone to acne and I used to suffer from it quite badly. However, as soon as this was added to my routine, I immediately saw a difference in the lack of impurities and spots that were occurring. The fact that it's gentle yet dissolves even the toughest of waterproof mascaras kind of makes it a God sent of a product. The only impracticality is that it is not widely available in the UK and can only be found to order on a few sites. Also along with the fact that you are essentially paying £14.50 (website) for water with a few chemicals. The french have it lucky as it is stocked in almost every pharmacy as I witnessed when trying to scope out Bioderma over in Paris. 

Now at first glance, I notice that on L'Oréal micellar solution I can actually understand the label (though 5 years of french really didn't help) and the supposed benefits for my skin, which would be: 1. Dissolving make up 2. unclogs pores and removes impurities 3. tones and soothes skin. It all looks quite promising on the package.
So lets get over the first hurdle, it does remove make up well, i'd say as well as bioderma to be frank. Minimal tugging on the eyes and with twice over on a 2 cotton rounds your face is once again, make up free. 
In terms of unclogging pores and removing impurities, I haven't really seen any obvious difference and still use nose strips about once every 2 weeks. Also, claiming to 'soothe and tone', I don't really believe in 1 product doing both jobs so I do tend to apply a toner on top after every use. 
The price is excellent, at around £4.00-5.00, it is a bargain compared to the price of bioderma so if you are looking for a reasonably priced cleansing water I would highly recommend this. 

I know this may seem a negative review but for the purpose of removing make up, I do believe it is an absolute dupe for Bioderma. In terms of everything else, I wouldn't say Ive witnessed a huge difference in my pores and impurities but I might just have to use it more. 
For mainly convenience and financial reasons, I would repurchase L'Oréal micellar solution and maybe treat myself to another bottle of Bioderma on a special occasion. 

What are your thoughts on both cleansers, I would love to know which you prefer! 


13 comments:

  1. I have a huge bottle of Bioderma that I haven't started yet but I know I'll love it after taking part in the Escentuals micellar blind trial. Once I've got through that (and I have a couple of cleansers to get through before!) I'll definitely be giving the L'Oreal one a try :)

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats sounds excellent! and it is worth giving it ago :)

      Delete
  2. This was SUCH a helpful review/comparison! Thanks Chloe, I am clueless when it comes to cleansing waters and you've helped alot ^_^ will be heading over to the l'oreal skincare bit asap because I do really just need a good makeup remover!

    The Blushing Giraffe | A New UK Beauty Blog
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'm glad I helped! yes, loreal is amazing for removing make up! xx

      Delete
  3. I'd be absolutely terrible using a product with French writing on the packaging! Haha I think the l'oreal one is definitely for me - I've been dying to try it and you've confirmed it! Thanks for the review :) xx

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha same! No problem, glad I could help! :) x

      Delete
  4. Hi! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award at http://notanotherproduct.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/the-liebster-award.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've still got a big bottle of Bioderma to make my way through but I will definitely give this a go when that's all gone to save me some pennies! xx

    Youlooknicetodayxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha so do i! but i just couldn't wait to test it out! :) xx

      Delete
  6. I've not tried bioderma but I love my L'oreal Micellar solution so I'm not sure I'll need to try it if it's not loads better


    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Bioderma! Maybe you could try Bioderma Sebium instead of Sensibo? I have used both - I like sensibo for make up removal but for more cleansing properties Sebium really helps to control my oily t-zone without leaving the skin tight! May have to try the L'Oreal solution for make up removal as I generally use a seperate cleanser after Bioderma anyway!
    New follower :)
    xxx
    www.je-mapparel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh im so going to order the sebium next time! thanks, thats really helped a lot :) yes, I think it works just as well as bioderma in terms of removing make up and its a cheaper version!

      thank you so much for the follow!

      xo

      Delete
  8. thats so funny I did a very similar review! bioderma's my favourite :) new follower on bloglovin!

    www.tigerlilybeauty.blogspot.co.uk | UK beauty blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete