Saturday 31 August 2013

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara




This mascara isn't all that new to me as I first came across it in my early teens but years later and the  name continues to intrigues me as my short ass lashes need a good accelerating to be quite honest. Also, the fact that it was on offer at £4.99 was something I couldn't really pass up! I was never one to splash out on mascara in general as I have come to realise the only trick to having a luscious set of lashes, for me, is to wear falsies, But thats not to say that I don't still like to experiment every now and then.


However much to my excitement, this mascara didn't do all too well for me at first. It is quite a wet formula and the brush is sparse, this combination never does my lashes any justice as it doesn't cling on well to the hairs. But I have realised that if you layer a more dry formula underneath as a base then this will work its magic at its full potential as it essentially has something to hang on to. After this discovery, I have come to find that it definitely lengthens to great extent but not as much as I would go without wearing falsies, but lets face it, that would take some miracle with how short my lashes are. Also, I'm not all to sure on the 'grow lash complex' as I haven't really seen much of a difference but I'm not really looking out for my eyelashes to sprout a luscious pair any time soon so that statement we are just going to leave questionable. 

I'm sure with a bit of wear and air drying that this mascara will become even greater but as the regular price is £7.99 I don't think it will be a repurchase for me, just because the Maybelline falsies is the same price and is still one of my favourites. 


No comments:

Post a Comment