Wednesday 21 August 2013

REVIEW: MUA Blushes





Left - Cream Blush in 'Dolly      Right - Powder blush in 'Bubble Gum'
I picked these up on a pure whim when strolling through super drug for some new beauty buys. My first thought was the price, I mean £1.00 for the powder blush and £2.00 for the cream formula, you couldn't really be disappointed because even if you weren't to fond of the product you didn't exactly splash out and if you loved it, well thats just a big win! My second thought was the range of fabulous shades they had on offer! 

I hadn't really heard much about the brand MUA apart from the ever famous undressed palette which is a supposed dupe for the Urban Decay Naked palette and the much loved Heaven and Earth palette. Both at the bargain-ous price of £4.00, which again, you can't really go wrong with. 


I especially wanted to try out the cream formula as I hadn't really tried to many from different brands so it was interesting to see how a lower priced brand would act to the likes of MAC or even Revlon and I have got to say, I was very impressed! 

Cream Blusher in 'Dolly' :-
From first glance, you can tell the cream blush packaging is slightly more bulkier than the powder blush which doesn't really bother me all to much. I was immediately drawn to this shade and it was the first shade I picked up. It is a peachy/apricot colour with no shimmer to it for a more natural, every day make up look. The formula is very highly pigmented but is easily blend-able for a subtle flush of colour on the cheeks. When blended, it almost turns into a powder finish which I think if you put to much of the product on can look a tad cake-y, but of course that can be easily fixed.. just don't add too much product! In terms of longevity, it doesn't exactly last all day, which I wasn't utterly shocked at but it does last for a fair few hours before some minor touch ups have to be made. 

Powder Blush in 'Bubble Gum' :- 
I wasn't really expecting Chanel standard with these £1.00 blushes but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the powder. It was very finely milled and soft at the touch, almost to the standard of a high end powder. Of course, as expected, the longevity isn't quite the same but the colour does last a good few hours before re-application is needed. Also, because of the finally milled formula, it can be easily sheered out which is needed for a highly pigmented; bright almost flourescent colour like this one. 

Overall, I feel that you can't really go wrong with these blushes, they cost next to nothing and the quality of the product is of a fairly high standard. Which if you are on a budget, is what you are ultimately looking to find! 

comment below if you have tried these out a or recommend any other low end blush products! 

Love 














2 comments:

  1. Both of these shades are so pretty. I definitely need to pick some of these up
    Kirsty x

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should, there gorgeous, thanks for reading! xo

      Delete