Saturday 17 August 2013

The Classic Red lip




The classic red lip makes a women a women... if she does it right that is. Its classy, its sophisticated but at the same time, its makes you look effortlessly put together. It portrays a strong, independent women with power and in the modern day, those are getting more and more frequent... and yes, we are still talking about the humble lipstick.


I certainly can't predict the future but I know for certain that this trend will never see the end of its day. With minimal eye makeup and a monochromatic outfit, a slick of the simple statement lip takes this once bland look to new heights. I know its very cliché and over talked about but you can't deny that we have all sported that on the days when we are lazy and in that 'cant be bothered mood' but still want to look like we are walking the Burberry runway at London fashion week; I know them days come around at least 4 times a week for me! 

Some may find the the look to be overwhelming and a bit on the daring side but trust me, once you find the right shade and formula, it will be the first of your lipsticks you have to repurchase. With the variety of brands and the modern day technology you have nothing going against you; It's just about making the effort to get out there and find the lip product right for you. 

Of course, there is the dark side to this as I'm sure we all have witnessed at some point with either the younger girls or the older generation during their mid life crisis with the slapped on blue eyeshadow and the clown blush, topped with the famous red lip.. oh and lets not forget the slight smear on the front tooth... to each her own I guess. 
But needless to say witnessing that horror definitely puts people off and I promise you it takes more effort to look like that than to correctly pull it off!

To top this off, I just wanted to share some of my favourite red picks for different days and events in a hopes that it will encourage more of you to at least try this look and enjoy it as much as I do. When wearing the red lip you will see from my picks that I prefer a product that is long wearing with not much up keep which is why i lean towards either the matte formulas or some sort of stain. 




BOURJOIS Colour Boost Lip Crayon in ' Red Sunrise' 
Since reviewing these I have fallen more and more in love! These beauties give me the opportunity to wear a red lip in the sweltering heat with minimal effort and up keep due to it reducing to a stain once the gloss wears off.

RIMMEL Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in '111 Kiss Of Life' -
 I love a classic matte lip and this allows me to achieve that look. I find that I don't necessarily need a lip liner with this as it does to not slide across your lips and due to the matte finish the colour tends to last for a good few hours.

L'OREAL Stain Splash in 'Juliet'
I have to admit that this has been one of my 'go to' lip products recently for bold lips. I love a good lip stain and this blue toned red wears beautifully and does not cling to those dry patches.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Crayon in ' Red Square'
I don't own very many orange toned reds but I love to sport the shade in the summer months as it allows you to wear a red lip while remaining quite casual and still looking young and fresh. Of course, this is a matte formula to allow a good few hours of wear before having to re-apply. Also, you may notice this product was not on the lip transfers image as the formula did not allow the product to transfer well enough to show up. 

Le Swatches:- 

Left - NARS Velvet Matte Lip Crayon in ' Red Square' 
Middle left - BOURJOIS Colour Boost Lip Crayon in ' Red Sunrise' 
Middle Right - L'OREAL Stain Splash in 'Juliet'
Right - RIMMEL Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in '111 Kiss Of Life' 




Love


No comments:

Post a Comment