Friday 23 August 2013

BARGAIN BEAUTIES: Top 5 Products Under £5







LEFT - Sleek Blush in 'Pixie Pink' | MID LEFT - Baby Lips in 'Cherry Pop' | MID RIGHT - Baby Lips in 'Pink Punch' | RIGHT - Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliner in '005 Nude' 

I'm a huge drugstore make up fan and I think the brands on the high street really have improved to the point that some of their products are of equal or maybe even better standard than those in the high end spectrum. This title has been floating round the blogger's world and youtube for a while and I've been meaning to give it a whirl but i'm just going to put this out there right now.. I'm a massive procrastinator. So it has taken me a while to finally drag my butt up and route through my collection for some gems. I thought it would be quite a task but it took me a mere few minutes to pick them out, so much so, I may have to do another post!
But anyway, I hope you find this useful or at least interesting!



SLEEK Blush in 'Pixie Pink' (£4.49) -
These are massively loved in the beauty world and I wouldn't disagree! The formula is soft, finely milled and highly pigmented which is what you ultimately want in blush. The colour range that sleek offer is fantastic, along with the price of these beauties, there's nothing really stopping you from picking one up.. if you haven't already. Oh, and lets not forget the beautiful packaging which is, I've got to say... Sleek!

MAYBELLINE Baby Lips in 'Cherry Me' and 'Pink Punch' (£2.99) - 
I purchased mine in the US which was just before they were launched in the UK, so when I arrived home and these were hung on the drugstore shelves I got a tad too excited that I no longer had to savour them. They are perfect for moisturising the lips but at the same time giving the lips a slight flush of colour. Also, the packaging is so sweet, you can't really pass them up!

RIMMEL Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in '005 Nude' (£3.99) - 
I can not say enough good things about this eyeliner. I use it everyday on the water line and it makes my eyes look like I did actually 8 hours sleep.  The formula is creamy and pigmented which makes for easy application with no tugging at the eyes; making this easily comparable to a high end liner.  

LUSH Lip Scrub in 'Popcorn' (£5.50) - 
Now I know the price is obviously over £5 but I swear when I purchased it, it was just below the price point! So it's Lush's fault for bumping up the price. Anyways, I'm sure you can spear an extra 50p, just route around under the sofa and through the pennies draw because this product is so worth it. I'm not to keen on the flavour as it's slightly salty (being popcorn flavoured) but there are others to choose from but the actual concept and formula is amazing and a life saver for dry lip suffers such as myself. I just scrub this over the lips, wash it off ( though you can lick it off but I despise the taste) then slather my chosen lip balm before I hop into bed. 

NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in 'Sunny' ($2.79) - 
This was another US purchase and is sadly not available in Uk drugstores but I think it can be ordered from Amazon or Ebay. It is yet another blogger favourite and is a perfect shade for pale or medium skin tones. If you find Nars Laguna a bit on the darker side then this was made for you. The formula is smooth and easily blend able, with no shimmer it gives a natural bronzed contour and glow. 

So there is my 5 picks under £5.00 ... apart from the lip scrub. But I hope you found this useful and discovered some bargains! 

Comment below any bargains you have found and would like to share! 


Love 

1 comment:

  1. From your list, the things that I have which is a few sleek blushers and the nude liner I totally agree! they're fantastic ^_^
    would love to try the scrub out soon!
    The Blushing Giraffe | A New UK Beauty Blog
    xxx

    ReplyDelete