Sunday 6 April 2014

Lets Talk Taupe



Matte, grunge-y smoked eyes have been somewhat of a 'go to' recently, and taupe's been a shade that has helped to achieve the seemingly effortless look. I can only really describe taupe as being a grey toned brown? ... brown toned grey? Either way, Drugstores have been releasing a host of variations, and I am hooked. 


Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in 'Tresspassing Taupe'- 
This has definitely been a favourite on rushed mornings. The creamy formula provides both a great base or a matte wash of colour over the lids; I can simply sweep this over and blend over the edges with my fingertips. I can also smudge this along the outer third of the bottom lash line to add definition. The shade is more warm toned of the bunch, but I find this to be more wearable and suitable for spring. 

 Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Permanent Taupe'- 
I must admit, this looks more taupe in the pan than it does swatched; rather a cool toned grey than a taupe if i'm being honest. With it being matte, I do find it to be slightly harder to blend than the metallic offerings from this collection. However because i'm quite in love with the shade, I think i'm willing to spend the extra 20 seconds blending. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in 'Taupe'- 
This is perfect for if you're finding that black is a little too harsh for everyday. I think it's safe to say that this range comes out on top at the drugstore for eyeliners; providing a creamy smudge-able formula that will last just about all day on both the waterline and lower lash line. I definitely need to get my hands on more. 

6 comments:

  1. I've always kind of leaned towards the shimmery bronze colours, although the scandaleyes shadow stick looks really good!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the rimmer scandal eyes!! what camera do you use? I'm looking into getting a new camera and your pictures seem really good quality X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1, I really recommend it! its pretty compact but you can add different lenses :) xo

      Delete
  3. I really want to try the rimmel eyeliner! I bought the maybelline cream eyeshadow but never use it, maybe I'll bring it out after reading this post :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like taupe shades. Anything really neutral works for me, really. I definitely want to try the Rimmel eyeliner. It looks lovely! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete