Tuesday 1 April 2014

MONTHLY FAVOURITES: March



Cheryl's Nude Lipstick Swatch
So this month has been hecka exciting; I finally turned the big 18 and can now do... well just about anything! To celebrate, I had a house party with friends and a big family dinner the day after.

Unfortunately, blogging is gradually going to be taking a bit of a back seat for these next 2 months as my once seemingly free schedule is being invaded by revision for A levels. It makes me toes curl in disgust just typing it. Of course I will still be posting, it'll simply be a little less frequently.

Bleurgh, anyway enough with that, on with the favourites!


Louis Vuitton Alma PM Bag: 
Award for ultimate monthly favourite for sure.The main present of la parents and I think I'm in love. I also got my initials printed on and I just can't stop staring at it.. seen as though I have a not so secret love for handbags, this definitely tops the collection.

L'Oreal Colour Riche PrivĂ©e lipstick in 'Cheryl's Nude' (Barely Greige): 
Oh how I love a good nude. A muted mauve-y pink that holds a slight glossier finish, making the formula more easily wearable and great for drier lips. It definitely isn't packed with pigmentation but the colour can be effortlessly built up. One point I will flag up is the smell, that can only really be described as an old lady lipstick. Now this may put a few of you off, but I find the scent to be pretty undetectable once applied.

Ebay Brushes:
I only recently got my hands on this set from Ebay and can already tell they're a massive hit. There will be a separate post sometime soon going into a little more detail and the link to where I purchased them, but I simply can't wrap my head around the astonishing quality compared with the price!

Maybelline Liner Express: 
I switch eyeliners constantly, and this just so happened to catch my eye whilst roaming the floor of boots. It serves me pretty well, offering an intense black formula with a fairly exact application. It takes a little getting used to with quite a flimsy tip, but I would definitely recommend you giving it a go.  

Rimmel 60 Second Nail Polish in 'Mary Mary Quite Contrary':
A not so obvious spring nail pick but still quite suited none the less. If you fancy a few days off from the intensely bright pastels then this muted light grey with lilac undertones will just about do the trick. The brush is also wonderfully wide, making application quick and easy. A swatch will be up sometime soon along with my top 5 polishes for spring post! 

Garnier Intense Hand Cream: 
My hands are constantly dry from winter through to spring, and so hand cream is a must in the changing seasons. The formula is not at all oily and drys within seconds; the scent also helps, with it being quite fresh and just all around cleanly scented. 

Don Simon Tropical Juice Drink: 
I forgot to capture a picture but this definitely had to be mentioned; It's all I've been drinking this month. To top off my addiction, it is currently on offer at 50p for a big carton in Asda. So as a result, I have around 5 of them occupying my fridge at this very moment in time. 

2 comments:

  1. The L'oreal lipstick looks great, I'm not sure about the old lady smell haha, but I really like the colour!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tempted by Cheryl's nude! I dismissed it because I didn't think it was for pale skintones, but it really seems to suit it xx

    ReplyDelete