Thursday 3 April 2014

Top 5 Spring Nail Picks 2014




With spring come the pastels, and oh how I love the continuous trend. If you live in the not so sunny UK (like myself), sun doesn't really make an appearance till around June so till then, coats are still a tiring staple. A Pastel offering is but a way to still celebrate spring without attempting a day without the coat and thoroughly regretting the awful decision. 

Barry M in 'Berry Ice Cream'- 
Lilac hues are quite the trend this spring, so why not join in! Though I would never normally criticise Mr Barry M on his polishes, this one seems to lack in the pigmentation department. The best way to optimise the colour is to apply a white base coat beforehand; saving both the polish and your sweet time. 

Essie's 'Mint Candy Apple'- 
This (along with Barry M's 'lychee') maybe my favourite polish to date. Now thats a pretty bold statement coming from a nail addict. Last spring I fell in love, and this year, it's at the top of the list for a repurchase as I guarantee the same bottle will not last me through the season. 

Rimmel 60 Second Polish in 'Mary Mary Quite Contrary'-
First off, how stinkin' cute is that name! Though not your typical spring pick, the shade is rather unique itself. Looking grey in some lights, but with a slight lilac hue in others. Again with the lilacs. Though not packed with pigmentation (so a few coats are needed), the longevity is pleasantly suprising, currently lasting a week on my nails.  So if you're a bit sick of pastels, then this is a nice alternative whilst still remaining somewhat spring-esque. 

Deborah Lippmann in 'Blue Orchid'- 
If it is at all possible to look past the horrifying price (£16) for a polish, I would highly recommend the Spring Reveries collection as a whole. This in particular is a crisp powder blue that suits just about all skin tones. However, a slightly cheaper option would definitely be Essie's 'Bikini So Teeny'. So if you've swooned over the shade but don't fancy the hefty price tag, then I would definitely recommend the alternative. 

Barry M in 'Peach Melba'- 
I crack this shade out every spring and I think the colour/name just about speaks for itself, being the perfect peach. It especially compliments a tan wonderfully, highlighting that bronzed glow you've worked so hard for. 

1 comment:

  1. Great picks, I adore barry m polishes :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete