Wednesday 19 February 2014

THOUGHTS: Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms


'Mischievous' - LEFT | 'Complex'- RIGHT
Ah the humble crayon. As much as I adore the flexibility of the concept, I simply wasn't head over heels in love with the continuous glossy formula that was being released alongside it. However, Revlon have once again answered my somewhat silent prayers and finally released a matte offering. 

As much as it is a matte formula, it still somehow holds a balm like texture when applying, making it glide over somewhat effortlessly. However, with it being a more matted texture, it does highlight drier patches; so its a must to buff and hydrate the lips before application. 

The pigmentation is nothing short of excellence and again with it being matte, the longevity definitely beats that of a typical gloss balm stick. 

I think 'Mischievous' is a definite spring to summer shade and will complement more of a tanned skin tone nicely. You can layer for an intense pop of orange or dab for a subtle everyday tint. 'Complex' is more of an casual day to day shade. This looks amazing when simply patting a light layer over the lips on its own or even layering with the revlon 'Bellini' gloss. It does however look slightly cake-y if you carelessly start going back and forth over your lips. In simpler terms, foundation lips are a no-go. 

I would highly recommend you check this range out, Revlon have released quite a wide variety of shades that will suit just about everyone. 

9 comments:

  1. a lovely review and the colours look beautiful, I think I'll definitely have to give these a try!
    wink-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Revlon balm ranges they have released! I use a lot of the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains and think they are fab. The new matte ones look really lovely, the two shades you picked out above are gorgeous and would be perfect for the summer time :)

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore the matte balms, like you I wasn't particularly amazed by the release of the glossier version, but the matte offerings had my heart from the get go. Great review!

    http://www.porcelainbeautyx.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these so much! I've already got two other shades, but 'complex' looks beautiful.

    Libby
    www.lifeoflibby.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love those colours! I havent been able to get anywhere to pick them up?!?! My local boots don't stock them!

    nice photography :) xx
    je-mapparel.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the matte balms, I'm so glad that I jumped on this trend early!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous shades, I definitely want to give these a try :) I prefer this matte finish compared to glossy.

    Frankie x
    Curiouser and Curiouser

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've spent a great deal of time trying to narrow down which ones of these I want to try. I think mischievous will find it's way into my basket this weekend!

    Thanks for sending me your link in the chat, I love your blog!

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's such a huge range of colours its hard to know where to start with these! great review ^_^ I think the nude one would be too light for my complexion unfortunately, but I hope theres a lightish pink that'll make up for that
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete