Saturday 8 March 2014

Make Up On The Run





When being forced into having to apply make up on the run, both convenience and speed are key. Here are the immediate 'throw into bag' products when in a rush, but still wanting to look somewhat put together.

Face
foundation is way too much of a faff. Concealer gets the job done in a fraction of the time spent slathering your face in a heavy duty foundation. I've recently been giving the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Conealer a whirl and its proven to be quite the hit. It provides enough coverage to conceal blemishes, but the formula is light enough for under the eyes. I have combination to oily skin so a powder is essential, so Rimmel Stay matte powder; need I say more. Finally, a flush of colour wouldn't go a miss. I find cream blushes to be perfect in such a situation. Rimmel Photo Ready Cream Blush in 'flushed' seems to tick the box quite nicely. 

Eyes 
Eyes are the aspect I focus on the most. So it's goes without saying, I will put in the effort, time or not. Rimmel Scandaleyes shadow paints provide a quick wash of colour over the lids, whilst Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara gives me the option to build up the lashes both top and bottom, whilst still remaining spider-less. Finally, Maybelline Master Precise Felt Tip Liner, gives me the option to achieve a quick winged out liner. 

Lips
I always like to have options, but of course a well loved lip balm has got to be in the mix. EOS is no doubt an absolute favourite. Whether it be a natural nude or a statement lip, both are in crayon form to again, save that much needed time. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'honey' is a definite 'my lips but better' shade, whereas Nars Matte Velvet Lip Pencil in 'Red Square' is a vibrant orange toned red. 

3 comments:

  1. I also love the better skin concealer and rimmel stay matt powder. I really need to try that rimmel shadow paint... it looks amazing :) great post and great blog...
    please check out mine as well... http://amsiegramham.blogspot.co.uk/

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Revlon Cream Blush! I'm a sucker for a cream blush! Rimmel Stay Matte lives in my handbag! Fab post lovely xx

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Rimmel shadow paint! I have Rich Russet and it's so easy to use! xx

    ReplyDelete