Sunday 2 March 2014

THOUGHTS: Rimmel ScandalEyes Shadow Paints


L - Golden Bronze | R- Rich Russet 
It's near impossible to resist temptation when a youtuber or blogger is fawning over a product and unfortunately... or not so unfortunately in my case, a lot of my sporadic purchases are as a result of reading or watching one too many videos or blog posts; this particular purchase being a prime example.  

The packaging is that of a lipgloss tube and holds a doe foot application, which I guess makes it easier to apply to the lid and adds a tad more precision. 

I will admit, the formulation takes a little getting used to, but is amazing once you do. I could only really describe it as a thick-ish lacquer that drys within around 10 seconds, leaving you with an opaque foiled finish. That being said, its quite the race to try and blend the edges in once applied. So my tip would be to finish one eye before applying to the next, because I'm warning you now, that sucker does not budge once dried; meaning the longevity of this formula is out of this world.

'Golden Bronze' is a warmer toned gold, making it more wearable on an everyday basis without looking to prominent. 'Rich Russet' is a muted brown with a taupe, almost purple undertone, and is a definite 'go to' for me on rushed mornings... which are most.  

The only possible critique I can point out is the limited shade range available at the moment. With a total of only 5 colours, all being a metallic finish, I would love if rimmel released a wider variation. 

All in all, they're great both on their own or paired with a deeper shade at the crease, making them perfect for just about every occasion.

5 comments:

  1. I have the bronze of these two and really love it, but for some reason the purple colour of mine is just awful, it dries really patchy and horrible! The russet you have here looks lovely though so perhaps I'll get that and maybe start using these again, as I love them for lazy 1-colour eye days :) x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eek that doesn't sound good! yeah I would totally recommend rich russet, it certainly doesn't dry all patchy and works great :) xo

      Delete
  2. I've got the purple shade and I find it to be quite good once I'd gotten used to the formula! Also the lipgloss like applicator kind of surprised me at first!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently bought Rich Russet. Only worn it a few times but I love the shade and finish xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need these! Their scandaleyes range is really good :)

    ReplyDelete