Wednesday 10 July 2013

First Impressions: NAKED palette



 


 I know I am VERY late on the band wagon... in fact, it has probably been around the world 12 times and broken down along the way. Point is, I finally caved and purchased the much hyped about Urban Decay palette and at first glance it certainly hasn't disappointed. Of course, I have seen and read many videos and blogs on the much loved palette so I already had very high expectations. 

I have immediately fallen in love with the packaging as the velvet coating and the gold lettering give it a luxurious feel. I also love that the lid is magnetic which makes it easier to open and can fold back to create a perfect slight stand on a flat surface. 

I love a good neutrals palette and I think this must be one of the ultimates. With a mixture of matte and shimmer finishes there will be a numerous amount of looks I can recreate and experiment on. 
The pigmentation just from swatches is incredible and the powder its self is very finely milled for a very easy and even application. 

At first glance, I am immediately drawn to the shade 'Half baked' which I recognise from tutorials. The shimmer gold colour would work wonders as an all over lid shade and maybe blended with either 'Smog' which is a bronzed taupe shade or 'Buck' which is a matte fair brown in the crease for either a day time look or a smoked evening look. 
If all goes well, I may put a few 'eyes of the day' posts up!



Le swatches:- 'Virgin' is at the top - 'Gun metal' at the bottom (going in order) 




Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment