Monday 22 July 2013

REVIEW: Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick






Le Swatch:- 

'111'- Left
'110'- Right 




After purchasing these two lip products a couple of weeks ago, I have been doing a little bit of a mental review since these were the formulas I yet to have tried. 

WHO? 
Pretty much anyone can use them! However, I do suggest putting a lip balm underneath before applying as it can be drying to due to the matte formula. 

THE GOOD STUFF:- 
I love matte lips! Although they can be quite drying, they last a fair bit longer than a glossy finish. These lipsticks in particular can last for a good few hours before a top up; providing you are not eating or drinking. The colour pay off is fantastic and to be honest I expected no less from Rimmel lipsticks, you get a good wash of opaque colour from one swipe on the lips. 
The packaging is sleek and bold and I like the added 'kate' for Kate Moss signature to make it look a bit more personalised. 
Lastly, to me it smells like a sweet floral bar of soup, which personally I don't particularly mind most days. However, you can't really smell the product when it has been applied on the lips so as long as you can get past the initial application, I'm sure you'll be fine. 

THE BAD STUFF:-
Being a matte formula, of course it is going to be more drying than a glossy finish. If you have extra dry lips, it can settle between the lines as the day goes on so make sure to check regularly and keep topping up. 
Also, I feel that the colour range isn't all that great with a total of 5 shades on the market. only one of them is actually nude, the rest being quite bold and bright. I feel that they could have catered for the people who are more comfortable with an everyday neutral lip. 

PRICE:- 
£5.49 
which is a steal considering a MAC lipstick is £14!

CONCLUSION:- 
I think this product was a fantastic buy considering the high quality of the formula and the reasonable drugstore price. If you are in the matte bold lips then this is a great product to try! 


Love 




No comments:

Post a Comment