Tuesday 10 December 2013

The Winter Nude





Of course its natural to stray toward the darker tones this time of the year. So essentially, the same has to be said when it comes to the humble nude lipstick. We've also got to take into account the bitter weather conditions and with that come the products advertising hydration. Not quite the hefty criteria, but I find The Revlon Lip Butter in 'Pink Truffle' fits the bill just about right. 

Lets just start off by saying that I've been completely head over heels in love with the Revlon Lip butters from the very beginning and I remember them receiving quite a lot of hype at initial release. Since then, they've brought out a few more additions to the collection, but I'm quite proud to say that 'Pink Truffle' is indeed an original and was in fact my first lip butter purchase. 

In terms of formula, it definitely provides the hydration needed during frosty conditions and is easily slicked on without a mirror at hand, making it into the coveted permanent side pocket place. 
If you glance at the shade straight from the bullet it can look a little scary. However, with the majority of the lip butters, the colour is sheered out once applied to the lips. This in particular is a light brown toned, berry-esque shade which I think suits this season quite well. 

8 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love that it's not a really bright colour, just natural :)

    From @sammycx in the #fblchat

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, can always rely on a good neutral :) xo

      Delete
  2. I love nude lipsticks; I can wear them anytime with any outfit.

    http://itschlo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not yet tried the lip butters but they look so moisturising and pink truffle looks like such a gorgeous shade, I think I might have to try it!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you definitely have to give them a go, they're wonderful :) xo

      Delete
  4. Oooh this is gorgeous! I love a nude lipstick and the lip butters are so soft and creamy! I'll have to pick this up!
    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I totally agree, in with the formula xo

      Delete