Sunday 22 December 2013

THOUGHTS: Quick Fix Facials


My skin has been a wreck recently. To be honest, I have a feeling it has something to do with my lack of clean make up brushes, which I can't necessarily complain about seen as though it comes down to no ones fault but my lazy self. 
I've trailed through a fair few spot treatments and so I thought it was due time that I tried a face mask or two. 
 This range is made up of 5 Masks, spanning a variety of skin types and potential problems; from redness to lack of hydration. 
The mask its self is a typical mud mask, one in which you apply a fairly generous layer covering the skin and leave for 10 minutes till dry and tight feeling. Being 'Anti Blemish', the formula includes salicylic acid, which I've found to work wonders with my skin and reduce the problem areas. 
So far, Ive used it 3 times in the space of 2 weeks and my breakouts have been virtually non existent, but I just want to point out that I don't suffer from extreme or cystic acne, so I don't know how well it will work with more intense blemishes. It really all depends on wether your skin works better with salicylic acid or Benzoyl Peroxide, which is simply a trial and error process. 

The only problem with salicylic acid is that it can be fairly drying, so be sure to slather on a layer of moisturiser after washing the mask off to avoid any potential dry patches. 

With a budget price tag of £4.99 (On offer for £3.33 at Boots) and around 10 uses in the bottle, its definitely worth the try or even if you're looking for a last minute stocking filler. For sure, I will be picking up more from the range while the offer still stands at Boots and see if the others work just as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment