Sunday 1 December 2013

MONTHLY FAVOURITES: November




Cozying up on the couch with a lovingly warm cranberry and raspberry cuppa; racking my brain on how to introduce this post, I'm wondering how this year has flown by so quickly. It seems most unreal that the next time I'll be contemplating on how to start a monthly favourites post, christmas will have already been and gone. Crazy, I know. 
Right, enough with the deep thoughts. This month has been somewhat uneventful; a few shopping trips and the usual dinners out but nothing too extravagant. In terms of make up, I've been chopping and changing on a daily basis, desiring the vamped lip one day but a smoked eye the next. 

 Wet and Wild Palette in 'Comfort Zone'
I've constantly been reaching for this palette in times of both minimal and dark eyes. The first shade marked above is a lovely peached pink tone with a slight iridescent shimmer. Washed over the lids and paired with a red lip, is a 'go to' effortless look. The second shade marked is one I've yet to come across and was incorporated for the party. It's a magnificent red toned brown with a blue/green duo chromed sheen. I say 'sheen' in that you can't exactly pin point individual specks of glitter, it simply mirrors a top coat-espue finish.

NARS Matte Velvet Lip Pencil in 'Red Square'
I've had this stacked in my storage since I started blogging and has been pretty much untouched. However, since Susie (HelloOctober) spoke so highly of this product recently, I decided to give it another shot. Its a shade I'd typically find to be sporting in the summer months with it being a bright heavily orange toned red with a matte finish, but I've found myself wearing it tonne this month when I simply don't have the energy to do a dramatic eye look. It stays put for the majority of the day with minimal upkeep and being a pencil applicator, makes it all the more easy to apply. 

L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint Fondation
I think I've rambled enough about this product for 8 life times so I'll just link the feature post- HERE but lets point out that this is a complete God send of a foundation and one in which I plan on repurchasing forevermore... well for as long as until I find one that performs better. 

Real Techniques Kabuki Brush
I kid you not, this has been a wonder for contouring. I know its a Kabuki brush but heres the trick, it splits in half to produce a flat edge, swept through the hollows of your cheeks, it gives a perfectly dramatic but seemingly blended contour.

Barry M Polish in 'White'
I wouldn't say this was exactly the best white polish on the market but it certainly isn't the worst for both price and performance. I will admit my nails have been white for a lot of the month and this has helped me achieve the desired opaque colour with 2 coats. There's not much more I could ask for. 

Hair Clips
A little random, but Ive been way too lazy with recently and simply just want my mane out of my face, both at home and in college. Nothing to fancy but it helps to clip the fronts of my hair up and out of the way whilst still remaining somewhat decent. 

Music- Ariana Grande's Yours Truly Album
Im a complete fan girl. From Justin Bieber to Taylor swift and now a new artist to add to my ever growing list. Ariana Grande. She's the sweetest person, her and Nathan Sykes make the cutest couple and her voice is out of this world. Being compared to Mariah Carey, it doesn't get any better. So if you haven't listened to her album, I highly suggest you check it out. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely selection , nice colours :)
    http://somelikeitblonde.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post ^_^
    I really want to try out their Kabuki brush! (always have a chuckle when I say that odd word) sounds so very versatile :) and I know exactly what you mean about this year flying away, seems each year the years fly by quicker and quicker o_0
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
    xxx

    ReplyDelete