Friday 8 November 2013

HOW TO: Remove Glitter Polish



We all like to jazz up our nails with a sprinkle of glitter from time to time, but I'm sure we can all agree that trying to remove this creation is most certainly a laborious task. Being a slight nail addict with little time, I wanted to find a technique that would make this horrific job a little more effortless. 

So what you do is grab a few cotton rounds and soak nail polish remover over them, I simply place the round over the bottle top and tip it upside down. You then place this over the top of my nail and wrap a piece of foil over and around it to secure this in place. Wait around 1-2 minutes (I wouldn't recommend waiting any longer as this can dry out the skin around your cuticles) before pressing firmly over the top of your nail and sliding the foil and cotton round off; all if not the majority of the glitter should come straight of with it. 

A Few Tips:  

  • prepare the bits of foil before hand 
  • Try doing all your nails in one go, making the whole process a tad quicker. 
  • I would stay away from 100% Acetone in this technique as although it is the most effective, the fact that your skin is being exposed to this for a period of time will seriously dry it out.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I shall remember this in the future - thanks hun!!
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read about this method so many times, I need to put it to the test for myself :)
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo this is so clever! I have glitter on at the moment so will have to give this a try! I've found soaking my nails in warm/hottish water helps and the glitter polish peels straight off.

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete