Tuesday 26 November 2013

The Foundation Routine


Having a clear but still somewhat natural base has always been a slight goal. So through much experimentation and research ... on blogs of course; I have managed to round up and form a core collection of products that work for me and my skin type on an everyday basis. I can also happily add that all products are drugstore and so thankfully don't break the bank.

The Primer - Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer
I will admit, I don't use this daily but when Im feeling particularly oily, slathering this over my T-zone definitely keeps the levels more controllable. I wouldn't say it kept me completely matte but its a perfect everyday primer. Full Review - HERE.

The Foundation - L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint 
I simply can't conjure up words to describe how magical (hence the name) this foundation is. It's a liquid to powder formula so combats my oil problem. It also looks and feels like I have absolutely nothing adorning the skin which is always a bonus. I will say that the coverage is somewhat sheer so if you're in need of a more fuller coverage then I wouldn't particularly recommend. Full review - HERE

The Dark Circles Concealer - Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer 
I've had this untouched in my storage for a while and moved on pretty quickly. However, I recently did a little 'shop my stash' and have been using it none stop ever since. It holds a creamy but light formula to prevent any creasing and has a slight salmon undertone to counter-act those blue tones in dark circles. 

The Brightening Concealer - Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer 
Though I'm not looking to mask a few years of my age, this does a pretty good job at brightening and concealing the fact that I've had all but 3 hours of sleep. I layer this over the Rimmel wake me up so I have a product to hide the dark circles and another to give me a fresher look. I also run this down the bridge of my nose to add slightly more definition. Full review - HERE

The Blemish Concealer - Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer 
This was inevitable. Every blogger, dog, horse ... sloth if you will, has talked about this product. I'm sure you've all heard time and time again of the wonderful benefits and its purse kissing price. It gives just enough coverage to mask those pesky breakouts and does a damn good job of doing so. 

The powder - Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 'Translucent' 
I completely forgot to include this in the photograph but I'm sure you've all heard rambles about this product since the lovely Tanya Burr worships this powder. It simply sets your beautiful creation without having to worry about a potential caking issue. 


2 comments:

  1. I have just got the Maybelline Easer eye but I'm struggling to get it to work! I've twisted it so many times and still nothing appears to be coming out. Can you remember how many times you had to twist it to get it to dispense? I'm wondering if there may be something wrong with it :(

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have to twist it for quite some time, then i noticed that the red plastic had cracked and the twist mechanism didn't work properly, just keep twisting, I'm sure it will eventually come to the top :) xo

      Delete