Thursday 7 November 2013

NOTD #6 : The Christmas Red





In my eyes, when Halloween has been and gone, Christmas comes rolling right in, dragging behind it the overly large winter wear and festive feeling. I absolutely love every aspect of christmas and though I hate to say it, would be nothing without the frosted weather conditions.

So in order to kick of this festive season, I thought a good slick of christmas-y lacquer would be a must.
O.P.I's 'Born Red-y' is a beautiful fire truck red with an underlying sheen or sparkle to it, giving the polish an added dimension and a hint of glamour. I'm normally a 2 coat finish kind of girl, but with this, I don't feel the need to. The image above is with 1 coat only and looks absolutely fine and streak free.

Random thought but it just reminds me of baubles on a christmas tree and to me, is the epitome of winter on my nails.

9 comments:

  1. such gorgeous photos and THAT COLOUR IS AMAZING!
    seriously in love with your photography, each and every post is beautiful *_*
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you :) but I really appreciate and want to thank you for all the comments you give me!

      xo

      Delete
    2. Not at all :') You're a newish blogger like me, and I just adore reading your reviews and actually all your posts (how do you refrain from rambling?! I need tips haha)
      xxx

      Delete
    3. thats true, us new bloggers gotta stick together :') haha well thank you for all your support! Im not exactly an expert but il happily help, just ask me anything, anytime :) xo

      Delete
  2. You're so right - that shade is perfect for xmas!!
    Your photos are great hun!
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour is beautiful! Really a Christmassy colour! Beautiful blog, I'm now following !

    thefrancescadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your nails look stunning! Loving the red - perfect for the festive season! Following you on bloglovin xx

    ps. Thanks for sending me your link after the #bbloggers chat yesterday honey!

    EmmaBelleFashion | Twitter | GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) and no problem, thank you so much for the follow :) xo

      Delete