Wednesday 20 November 2013

'Pretty In Pink' Lip Combination




Pink isn't a colour we typically associate with fall and winter, but the likes of Marc Jacobs and Paul Smith turned heads on the runway at fashion week when collections were attired with anything from edgy metallic pieces to tailored rosy hues. Though I do like to test my comfort zones often, I highly doubt you'll find me sporting an all pink get up this season. However, Make up is an aspect I can easily change up on a daily basis and so pink lips were clearly the way to go.

I don't see myself suiting cool toned pinks all that much and so tend to steer away from the barbie-esque shades such as MAC's Viva Glam Nicki, but this slightly muted combination seems to be working well against my somewhat pale complexion. MAC's 'Chatterbox' is an amplified formula so is fairly pigmented and holds quite a bright undertone, hence the lack of use out of this product. However, I find that despite bearing the same sort of shade, layering NYX's Mega Shine Lipgloss in 'Beige' 
(Review- Here) mutes the bright blue tones of 'chatterbox', making the colour slightly more wearable and more of an everyday shade. 

By no means is this a long lasting combination as both aren't exactly the matte-ist of formulas but re-application is pretty effortless through the day. 

So I just thought I would share what has been swiping my lips recently, any other lip combinations that people are liking? 

2 comments:

  1. This looks lovely, definitely pretty in pink :) xx

    Youlooknicetodayxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh absolutely loving this lip combination! I am a sucker for a pink lip and this looks right up my street :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete