Tuesday 5 November 2013

Yet Another Pink?




'Hot Gossip' - £15
I know what you're thinking.. did she really just buy another MAC lipstick? Well I'm proud to say this product is in fact a 'shopped my stash' shade. I've had this lurking in the bottoms of my storage for about 6 months and was, I'm sure used just once straight after purchase. 'Hot Gossip' isn't really a so called 'blogger favourite', neither is it a rather unique or stand off shade. In fact, I don't think I've heard anyone even whisper this name. So I must admit, this lipstick was sort of a half hearted purchase but boy am I glad I did. 
From the bullet at first glance, the immediate impression was a muted 'Plumful' so basically, a muted purple/berry tone. MAC describes this as a 'mid-tone pinky plum' which I would say is fairly spot on. On the lips however, I find that it comes up as more of muted muskier pink which I find to be a perfect shade for the colder months if you are on the look out for a more natural, everyday wash of colour. 

The formula is 'Cremesheen' which of course, is the more moisturising pick of the bunch, making it once again a lovely pick to not only give your lips a bit of life but add a tad more hydration and a second option to lip balm. 

All in all, MAC lipsticks never fail to let me down, even if I purchase one slightly unconsciously. I will always find a way to incorporate one to either a specific look or just an over season/ trend. Now I'm not saying that if you don't own this shade then you are most definitely missing out on a gem as I'm fairly certain their is an exact dupe in the drugstore, but if you're willing to spend a little extra or treat your self to an early christmas gift then be my guest! 

5 comments:

  1. I have this lipstick too and I absolutely love it!
    Its perfect for those natural makeup days, adding a slight hint of colour! :)

    Emily / Glittery Teacups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your first person i know who has it haha :L xo

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! This is a gorgeous shade!
    I think I may just need to pay MAC a little visit!

    Sheen
    http://goldenandsheen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete