Tuesday 19 November 2013

THOUGHTS: BourJois Happy Light Primer



This was another new released base purchased in the ever adored 3 for 2 Boots Offer. I am constantly on the look out for a high performing budget primer that will keep the oils at bay. So when drugstore brands release their own version I'm always eager to give it ago in a hopes that eventually one will tick all the boxes. I've read the odd post on this just before the public could get their hands on them but once entering stores, it hasn't received much hype. 


I loved the packaging from the start, purely down to the fact that this was blessed with a pump applicator. Of course I opted for the matte formula, being an oily T-zone sufferer myself. The formula hasn't got that typical silicone texture which in some aspects I do quite like as it can unfortunately clog pores and such other nasties.

In terms of practicality, I typically target the T-zone so don't use very much and it does a pretty decent job with the longevity of the make up. I wouldn't say it kept me completely matte through the day but it definitely has made the oil a little more controllable. 

The point of this story is, I'm still ultimately on the look out for my oil busting budget primer, but this does an alright job in the mean time. It's questionable as to whether this will be a repurchase but if you're just looking for a natural all rounder primer and don't have particular problem areas for it to mask (pores etc) then this would fit your bill just fine. 

2 comments:

  1. I've heard mixed things about this which is quite disappointing, really, as I wanted it to be a good primer. I need one that's going to glue my make-up to my face, so maybe I'll give this one a miss!

    S xo.

    blinkeredbarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did I, if your willing to spend a little more then smashbox have some excellent primers :) xo

      Delete