Wednesday 13 November 2013

Nails: A Touch Of Glitter



Generally, I love a good glittering set of nails through all seasons but I feel that christmas makes it slightly more acceptable to go overboard. Glitter top coats are a super quick and easy way to spice up an everyday shade, either as a full set or a more elegant accent nail. Here are just a few that are going to be tickling my fancy this festive season. 


American Apparel in 'Supernova' - if a glitter factory exploded, this would some what resemble the way this looks on the nails. Its simply a sea of colour in all shapes and sizes and because there are those finer glitters, it makes the process of trying to achieve an even coat more enjoyable. I tend to use this as an accent nail on the ring finger but I'm thinking this year I may go all out with a full set. 

American Apparel in 'Galaxy' - I wouldn't necessarily class this as a glitter, more a chunky holographic spectacle. I will admit, attempting to casually paint this on the nails is one heck of a laborious task, some of which would find impossible, so I do steer towards the precision tooth pick option. I find that with this technique, I can gain slightly more control on where the pieces lie and even create some sort of design or pattern. 

Collection Top Coat Sparkle - If you're looking a more subtle sheen but still wanting to receive your hit of glitter then I would highly recommend this top coat. Containing dual chromed micro glitters with a lovely blue/green shine, it looks lovely over most, if not all shades in your collection. It's also one for you rushed or just damn lazy people as it is in fact a perfect 1 quick coat finish, as the image above will prove. Along with the budget price, I couldn't recommend this enough! 

If any of you have any more recommendations, feel free to share them with me below! 

2 comments:

  1. All of these nail polishes are gorgeous!
    the supernova one is my favourite! its so pretty!

    Laura xox
    http://www.lthornberry.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the simple "Sparkle" actually:) I wear a lot of dark polish, and sometimes I think it's just too much with a multicolored glitter top coat on top! :) xx

    ReplyDelete